College football's 2021 breakout players for each top 25 team..

gacaneaddict

Junior
No. 25 Miami: DL Jahfari Harvey

Perhaps the biggest vacancy on Miami's roster entering 2021 is at defensive end, where coach Manny Diaz must replace both starters, Quincy Roche and Jaelan Phillips. Diaz nabbed both of those guys through the transfer portal, and it's entirely possible the Canes will go that direction again this offseason, but they might also have their next big star already in house in Jahfari Harvey. In backup duty in 2020, Harvey had 13 pressures and five tackles for loss. His pressure rate of 9.6% was just a tick behind Roche's, and with another offseason of strength training, the athletic Harvey could easily blossom into an exceptional edge rusher in 2021. -- Hale

I will say after re watching the bowl game, I do think Harvey showed impressive burst off the edge, and I thought Cam Williams showed nice ability to hold up in the run game, and set an edge. I still think we need another portal DE. I want Owen Carney the ALL Big 10 DE from Illinois.

With Deandre Johnson now added, who is our 4th DE next season?

Last edited:
Advertisement
No. 25 Miami: DL Jahfari Harvey

Perhaps the biggest vacancy on Miami's roster entering 2021 is at defensive end, where coach Manny Diaz must replace both starters, Quincy Roche and Jaelan Phillips. Diaz nabbed both of those guys through the transfer portal, and it's entirely possible the Canes will go that direction again this offseason, but they might also have their next big star already in house in Jahfari Harvey. In backup duty in 2020, Harvey had 13 pressures and five tackles for loss. His pressure rate of 9.6% was just a tick behind Roche's, and with another offseason of strength training, the athletic Harvey could easily blossom into an exceptional edge rusher in 2021. -- Hale

I will say after re watching the bowl game, I do think Harvey showed impressive burst off the edge, and I thought Cam Williams showed nice ability to hold up in the run game, and set an edge. I still think we need another portal DE. I want Owen Carney the ALL Big 10 DE from Illinois.

With Deandre Johnson now added, who is our 4th DE next season?

Chantz Williams

Chantz Williams! I was hating on the kid, but I didn't realize he was a Redshirt Freshman.

Brock said Williams has the reflexes of a mongoose. I'll take him up on that.

Advertisement
Harvey and Johnson I believe will combine for 15.5 sacks. Give McCloud 5.5 sacks and the remaining guys will gather 5.5 sacks as well. I think we’ll see more sacks out of the DT’s than per usual between JHH/Nesta/LT.

Advertisement
Back