College experience?

Advertisement
Its overrated. Seeing as most kids nowadays don't want to attend college, that will help schools to attract athletes in big cities like Miami and LA.
Not sure it’s overrated but one thing is for sure previous staffs here never fully leveraged Miami as a city. There were multiple reasons for that, some of them not even within the control of those staffs. With NIL, Mario and the school’s commitment to the program, that all changes.

Advertisement
Uf and fsu are having "bbqs" today but most campus kids went back home. It's dead up there right now. Same with miami kids but we still have beaches, beeches, and bbq.

This is a matter of perception.

It's almost laughable the laundry list of negative recruiting tropes about Miami. Before they used to sting a little bit--now its like none of them matter. The only thing that changed, in my opinion, was perception. One might argue NIL changed--but NIL is something new. We still are in a major city; we still don't have an on-campus stadium; we still don't have the best facilities; we still only fill up the stadium when we're good.

We get a great staff (which is proof of admin support) and all of a sudden none of those things matter so much. Funny how perception works.

Advertisement
It's true that some kids want or even need to get away from the city. But then for some kids, if they want to find trouble it can be found anywhere.

My baby cousin chose to go to Duke (trust me, he’s now disappointed me twice in life) over UCLA & SC b/c he wanted to get out of the city & have a real college atmosphere. He received his undergrad from Pepperdine which is in the city limits, & specifically told me he wanted to go get the college experience while obtaining a top degree.

Some kids still want that experience, while others do not; but, to make a blanket statement to cover the mentality of all kids is a bit off. The Bama’s, OSUs, Clemsons, Arkansas, and several other college towns will still appeal, just like HBCUs will appeal, & city life campus will appeal.

I saw an article of Jalen Green who chose the G-league over college talk about his regret seeing peers & friends compete in the NCAA tourney while he was at home. These r still kids, & I’m not sure why ppl r trying to force them not to be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yall are taking this way out of context. Regular kids (non-athletes) aren't that big into going to college. They want to tik tok and all that good stuff. Hence, those small schools/towns will be affected more unlike big universities in bigger cities. Miami and LA. Because once they get out of class they can do a plethora of things.

Idk. Maybe I'm tripping but I see it as an advantage

Its overrated. Seeing as most kids nowadays don't want to attend college, that will help schools to attract athletes in big cities like Miami and LA.

Most of the time, "college expereince" is just a pretext excuse for bags.

Besides, the concept of "getting away to avoid trouble" is silly. Most of these kids will get into MORE trouble elsewhere, especially dade kids. I'd argue that those kids would be more watched over at a place like Miami than a place in SEC country where they're just another number on the roster. If they went to school in Miami, you have a school with loads of community contacts and resources for support. And besides, the HC at Miami (or coaches on the roster) have eyes and ears everywhere so they can be in front of bad things happening more often than not,

Advertisement
Yall are taking this way out of context. Regular kids (non-athletes) aren't that big into going to college. They want to tik tok and all that good stuff. Hence, those small schools/towns will be affected more unlike big universities in bigger cities. Miami and LA. Because once they get out of class they can do a plethora of things.

Idk. Maybe I'm tripping but I see it as an advantage

Hold on, pimp juice: are u speaking on regular college kids & not athletes?

If so, bro y u post this in the recruiting board? Lol.

Hold on, pimp juice: are u speaking on regular college kids & not athletes?

If so, bro y u post this in the recruiting board? Lol.

It goes hand in hand my G. The college experience for an athlete depends on the environment they in. I'm saying with ess and less kids going to college nowadays, that benefits miami because we still got stuff and chick's to do in the city. Unlike small country towns like auburn and Tuscaloosa

It goes hand in hand my G. The college experience for an athlete depends on the environment they in. I'm saying with ess and less kids going to college nowadays, that benefits miami because we still got stuff and chick's to do in the city. Unlike small country towns like auburn and Tuscaloosa

OK, I see where u’re coming from. But follow the chit I spit real quick:

-When it comes to student-athletes, my brotha all they really care about is what school is going to put them in the best position to get to the next level.

They’ll sacrifice 3 yrs to get a 10 yr career, bro. I can tell u even back in the day these dudes wasn’t too concerned about school. Don’t get me wrong, some were, but a lot were like aye, I’m here & this is an opportunity to make the league.

I tell the story all the time, but when I was at SC w/ my girl, I ain’t never seen Bush, Leinart, Lendale or any of em in class. They couldn’t have been, b/c I wasn’t a student there, & when I was in the quad, they were there. Lol. Or I can tell u my boy J Weav, or Troy Tulo, or Evan were never in class at school. Lol. Some kids still appreciate the college experience, others do not. Some of these kids r saying f college b/c they r making $$ via social media, while others r making $$, but want that degree to become even more.

It’s different flavors.

Advertisement
Back