Colin Cowherd Picks the U to win the NCAA

Stony157

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Cowherd says Miami "at their best" is the best team in the country and picked the U to win the NCAA tournament.

Advertisement
Cowherd for the most part is a Miami hater but he usually is good with picks.

Just because he sees the light about our basketball team doesn't absolve him of his sins re: blaming Sean Taylor for his own death.

He's just another ESPN talking head on the radio. He panders for ratings 99% of the time and is a born gambler so his predictions/picks are normally half way decent. He knows the games far better than he ever lets on with what he says. A lot of people will be picking the Canes to take it all, we have good matchups (excepting Marquette who scares the **** out of me) and we have the absolute talent to win out if we bring it every game.

He's just another ESPN talking head on the radio. He panders for ratings 99% of the time and is a born gambler so his predictions/picks are normally half way decent. He knows the games far better than he ever lets on with what he says. A lot of people will be picking the Canes to take it all, we have good matchups (excepting Marquette who scares the **** out of me) and we have the absolute talent to win out if we bring it every game.

I agree with Cowherd being a known better. He used to live in Vegas and he is very in tune with the odds and how the games match up. He is always out there looking for an advantage. The fact he is taking the Canes tells you he knows a good team when he sees one. He also said the other best team he sees in the tourney is Indiana, which he still favors us over them in a potential Elite 8 contest. As for Marquette, I don't even have them getting to the Sweet 16 against us. I have them losing to Butler. I see us playing them instead, which is still going to be a tough game. Athletically, we are better. However, that team is VERY well coached. We are going to have our hands full.

Advertisement
Butler will be lucky to get by their first game. They aren't as talented as the teams that went to the Championship game in back to back years. They're overrated in my opinion. Marquette on the other hand is the weakest 3 seed. Our guard play is superior to theirs, they have 1 scary scorer on their team, Vander Blue, and I trust Durand to slow him down. They aren't a big team either, they basically have a mini Reggie in Davante Gardner.

Indiana would be extremely tough, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see NC St or Syracuse beat them if they face off. Their guard play isn't that great, I think Durand and Oladipo would cancel out as both are great defenders. Zeller is a *****, he can get rattled by physical big men and get thrown off his game. The scariest thing about them is their shooters, they have so many guys who can stroke it from 3. But because they aren't a very good defensive team I thing we could hang with them and eventually pull away late with key defensive stops.

Here is the reason Marquette doesn't scare me they are the WORST 3 point shooting team in the whole tournament

Advertisement
Back