Colbert Out

Advertisement
Fire Gus Felder

even the guys who don't play are getting injured in practice

Can we get a list of the injured players since Gus Farter took over the weight room?

There's not enough bandwidth available for something like that. There isn't one position/unit that hasn't been severely affected by this injury bug. He's overworking them.

Just more reason to ramp up that CB recruiting for next year. I would love to keep Deejay on offense but unless we can lock in atleast 3 CBs or a JUCO transfer he might have to move over to defense. We lose alot when Elder and Colbert are gone next year. It could get ugly.

I'm really hoping the staff's experience with Colbert this year encourages them to go out and get more grad transfers. Especially in the staff's first few years until they can recruit all of their own guys. They are low risk-high reward. I think we have a lot of talent that matches up with the front lines of the ACC, and guys like Colbert can really help with the depth we have issues with if they don't end up starting.

Just more reason to ramp up that CB recruiting for next year. I would love to keep Deejay on offense but unless we can lock in atleast 3 CBs or a JUCO transfer he might have to move over to defense. We lose alot when Elder and Colbert are gone next year. It could get ugly.

Colbert being hurt now impacts next year how?

I'm saying it shows you the importance of depth. We only have 2-3 corners it looks like the staff trust right now. That's unacceptable in an area loaded with CB talent. I believe Safety depth is improving but we are lacking in the reliable CB department.

Fire Gus Felder

Can we get a list of the injured players since Gus Farter took over the weight room?

There's not enough bandwidth available for something like that. There isn't one position/unit that hasn't been severely affected by this injury bug. He's overworking them.

I doubt it's overwork. If there were muscular issues then I guess that would be an excuse. But broken hands, forearms etc.. Those are casualties of playing a physical sport. Blaming Felder is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Fire Gus Felder

I doubt it's overwork. If there were muscular issues then I guess that would be an excuse. But broken hands, forearms etc.. Those are casualties of playing a physical sport. Blaming Felder is ridiculous.

Ok. Colbert's broken arm and Harris' broken hand aside, the rest of the team is dealing with a million injuries.

Fire Gus Felder

Ok. Colbert's broken arm and Harris' broken hand aside, the rest of the team is dealing with a million injuries.

It's 8 games into a college football team.. You should expect injuries. I think we see way less of the usual hamstring and cramping issues we were used to in the Golden era..The S&C is not to blame. Whose injury do you think is due to overwork?

It's 8 games into a college football team.. You should expect injuries. I think we see way less of the usual hamstring and cramping issues we were used to in the Golden era..The S&C is not to blame. Whose injury do you think is due to overwork?

LOL, the peanut gallery is out in full force. Blaming broken bones on the strength coach. Wow.

Yes, they're better conditioned. Hasn't necessarily translated into wins but that appears to be a coaching/execution issue. There is simply no denying that there have been more knee injuries this season than any in recent memory. I'd be glad to list them all.

Advertisement

LOL, the peanut gallery is out in full force. Blaming broken bones on the strength coach. Wow.

How do you explain Mullins being injured?

Yes, they're better conditioned. Hasn't necessarily translated into wins but that appears to be a coaching/execution issue. There is simply no denying that there have been more knee injuries this season than any in recent memory. I'd be glad to list them all.

Work is slow today.. Go ahead list them.
giphy.gif

How do you explain Mullins being injured?

First there's not an explanation for every injury.. It's football , stuff happens. Second. You choose the guy that was ineligible all summer. I'm not surprised he got hurt.

Advertisement
Ok you win. The pile of injured players this season is the sole result of football being a tough sport.

LOL at these slurpers refusing to put any blame on Felden for this unprecedented run of injuries.

Advertisement
Coming to realize that South Florida talent might just be vastly overrated.. I mean let's face it our south Florida roster from the last couple of years gets beat by kids that go to duke, Virginia, unc, va tech and plenty of others. Do they have as much south Florida guys that we do? Shouldn't we boatrace those guys with this premium perceived talent? I mean yeah south Florida has elite playmakers(lamar, cook,Ridley and some others) but when you look around the country most of the top teams don't have rosters filled up with players from the area. Most of our best players on this team are not from the area either. What Miami has to do is get the best from this area in the future( the cooks, Lamar Jackson, Ridley)is it to early to compare Richards to Ridley yet?guys that are like that is who we can't let leave. But look at it colbert and corn elder play like real Miami Dbs from back in the day and they are not from South Florida...Fast, physical and attacking. We haven't seen our cbs play like that in years. It's imperative that we start to recruit more nationally and it seems we are doing that now. Need to recruit the state of ga and Louisiana more

On another note Mike rumph is doing wonders. If this season tells you nothing else we know we have a true cornerback coach who knows what he is doing. He took a player like Adrian colbert who hasn't played much and has made him look like a multi year starter. Corn elder has raised his game too

Last edited:
Coming to realize that South Florida talent might just be vastly overrated.. I mean let's face it our south Florida roster from the last couple of years gets beat by kids that go to duke, Virginia, unc, va tech and plenty of others. Do they have as much south Florida guys that we do? Shouldn't we boatrace those guys with this premium perceived talent? I mean yeah south Florida has elite playmakers(lamar, cook,Ridley and some others) but when you look around the country most of the top teams don't have rosters filled up with players from the area. Most of our best players on this team are not from the area either. What Miami has to do is get the best from this area in the future( the cooks, Lamar Jackson, Ridley)is it to early to compare Richards to Ridley yet?guys that are like that is who we can't let leave. But look at it colbert and corn elder play like real Miami Dbs from back in the day and they are not from South Florida...Fast, physical and attacking. We haven't seen our cbs play like that in years. It's imperative that we start to recruit more nationally and it seems we are doing that now. Need to recruit the state of ga and Louisiana more

On another note Mike rumph is doing wonders. If this season tells you nothing else we know we have a true cornerback coach who knows what he is doing. He took a player like Adrian colbert who hasn't played much and has made him look like a multi year starter. Corn elder has raised his game too

You people are just so ******* stupid it is insane.

Advertisement
Back