Coincidence?

capefearcane

Band
Banned
I donate. To the school and to the athletic program. Not a high roller but consistently since I graduated. After the game on Sunday I get a call - seeing the 305 AC I figure it's one of my old buddies in the 305. But no, it's the fund raising call (they always start off with "calling to check that their info is correct; your address, telephone, etc. They know I donate to both the school and athletics - so I've got to figure that the program is to call those who donate to the athletic program. Told em, nope sorry not until the football program get's its act together...noted that you've probably heard this from others. "yeah we have" none of the continuing effort you usually hear to make a pledge, etc. Just sayin' let em know how you feel. NO money this year until we see real progress.

Proud of my school for both academics and athletics, will always root for the U - but demand competence. Not asking for perfection but at minimum must be Coastal champs - that's a minimum and this year certainly not an overwhelming objective.

Advertisement
Invest is a duffle bag and donate directly to the team

1380772790_robin-hood.gif

I'm certain that it was a coincidence, because there's no way they called every donor after the game. I worked in that office while at UM, and it's an ongoing process. It literally takes months to get through all of the alumni. I'm in the same boat as you, and I didn't get a call this weekend.

Advertisement
I think a fair way of doing this is start with an amount and deduct or add to it proportionally for

-Each loss
-500+ yard game given up
-Bubble screen run and
-Every time Gus touches the ball

+Each road win against a quality team
+Every tackle for loss
+Every time we throw it to Stacey Coley that is not a bubble screen
+Firing D'onofrio
+++Beating FSU or UF
+Getting a DT to commit

I got that call Sunday at noon and blew it off because we were eating. I truly hope that call comes on 11/16 after the FSU game.

my uncle called me who always donates mad money to the school, said he got a call from the school for his donations told them to win the ACC and call him back

Advertisement
Advertisement
I write a check every year bc I am NOT a fair weather fan - capefear go support FIU

I write a check every month, big ****** deal. If you aren't writing it to the university of miami athletics department who cares.

Advertisement
I got the same call. Won't donate because I don't like Blake James. I don't know where we grew this guy, but he needs to be shown the door before I give another penny.

He was on WQAM and, in his sniveling little voice, pretty much shut the door on us ever getting a stadium, shut the door on us ever spending more money on coaches, told people to get excited about the Duke game, and talked up the state of our pathetic athletic department.

Tired of the incompetence. Get an AD in there with some vision and drive to actually get things done that will help us win more games.

Bottom line: I'm not donating a dime to a program I'm convinced is perfectly happy being a middle of the pack ACC team. Not a dime.

I sat with some hurricane club employees at the Nebraska pre-game. I asked, how were donations this year? My exact words " you know with everyone on message boards up in arms about football not progressing"

She said "they are great this year. Better than last year and over the last 5 years we have gone from 4000 HC members to 8000. And in my experience most of those people don't donate anyway. "

Advertisement
Back