Coach's take on new commit Silvera

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
American Heritage defensive tackle Nesta Silvera committed to the Hurricanes on Tuesday morning while visiting campus with his parents. He announced the decision via Twitter.

[TWEET]831563549512257536[/TWEET]

In a message to CanesInSight, American Heritage offensive line coach and weightlifting coach Travis Spiva said that the Hurricanes are getting a special talent in the trenches.

"He brings a lot of untapped talent and natural strength and aggression. Hasn't reach anywhere near full potential yet. Nasty player not afraid to heat things up a bit."

Advertisement
It's obvious from his highlights that he is going to be a beast in the interior. As I said in the other thread, the first comparison that came to my mind was the Courtel Jenkins performance in the bowl game. This kid will hold the point of attack on rush downs against doubles, collapse the pocket on pass downs, and has great change of direction and burst for a big guy, which means he'll be perfect for stunting in Diaz' and Kool's packages. Will pair great with Ford. Very happy we got him.

Advertisement
Replacing Norton once he's gone.

Just told my homeboy that. We have our 1-gap player for the future. Now we need to get moar DE to 3 techs for the future. Wouldn't be surprised to see multiple 3-4 DE's commit that Kool will transfor to DT like McIntosh.

Advertisement
F yeah. Great pick up. We need to get andrew chatfield next. Kid looks like a beast

As much as I love the athleticism we are recruiting on that D-line. its a must you have these type of dudes true rush stoppers. It also helps this kids is already over 300 pounds and moves like he does.

Chatfield is undersized and slow.

Kool clearly likes 6'5" DE's that run under 4.9 (Jackson, Garvin, Johnson)

Chatfield numbers at NIKE Camp:

6'2" 215
5.01 40 yard dash
4.58 20 yard shuttle
30.8 vert
33.0 power throw

Borderline take at this point.

Really need this kid too. With Moten graduating, and Norton potentially leaving, we'd have to rely on Fines to play 1tech, or slide Willis down to 1tech, which he's a little undersized for...Or maybe Tyreic Martin can play the 1tech spot too. Bethel and Ford are for sure 3techs though.

If both McIntosh and Norton declare early I think our 2019 DL would be:

SDE: DJ Johnson - Scott Patchan

3Tech: Patrick Bethel - Jon Ford - Tyreic Martin

1Tech: Gerald Willis - Tyreic Martin/Ryan Fines

WDE: Joe Jackson - Demetrius Jackson - Jon Garvin

So clearly we need as many guys that can play that 1tech spot as possible.

Advertisement
Id really like another 1tech DT this cycle. We have bigger DE ends that can slide inside on those obvious passing downs.

Advertisement
You can tell what Kool goes for he s not all about talent but mentality. You have to be a different breed to succeed in the trenches. Really love the way Kool recruits his guys. He has a science to it

Really need this kid too. With Moten graduating, and Norton potentially leaving, we'd have to rely on Fines to play 1tech, or slide Willis down to 1tech, which he's a little undersized for...Or maybe Tyreic Martin can play the 1tech spot too. Bethel and Ford are for sure 3techs though.

If both McIntosh and Norton declare early I think our 2019 DL would be:

SDE: DJ Johnson - Scott Patchan

3Tech: Patrick Bethel - Jon Ford - Tyreic Martin

1Tech: Gerald Willis - Tyreic Martin/Ryan Fines

WDE: Joe Jackson - Demetrius Jackson - Jon Garvin

So clearly we need as many guys that can play that 1tech spot as possible.

Willis is gone bro only reason he came back was for more game tape.

Advertisement
Back