Coaching Turnover

Overreaction Sunday. It's to early to fire everyone or anyone. Those coaches knew that our team was a work in progress. We as fans knew that as well but some still think this team is better than what the last 15+ years have proven us to be.

Yes there's a standard for the Hurricanes but if the team hasn't been that standard for all these years why do ya'll believe new coaches and new branding is going to make us elite in season 1?

This year is going to be a lot tuffer than I thought especially if there's no improvement at LT. Maybe at the end of the year a change or 2 might need to be made but I'm definitely giving Manny leading this team at least 2 yrs before I'm ready to believe that he's not the guy. Y'all can agree or disagree. We all are frustrated we the struggles especially after being less productive in a win than we were in 2 loses.

Advertisement
Yeah guys, we just looked terrible physically and mentally against a 1-11 MAC team, we look worse every week, we get out-coached every game, and our recruiting isn't looking good but cmon 3 more years!

Manny needs 3 years to be able to run against a 1-11 MAC team.

Says the guy who would have hired Leach or Mullen.

Blake Baker, get a legit DC, Panda, we just need 1 DB coach and if Rumph can't be that guy he has to go as well, Pakte is useless, UM needs a LB coach and a special teams coach; Manny should not be coaching LBs. Stroud, I will give him a chance because Baker scheme is probably ******* his unit up

Says the guy who would have hired Leach or Mullen.

I would've hired the guy who's 14-3 now at UF, and had the most success ever at shlt program Miss St?

I would've hired Leach who's won 11 games twice since our program has, both times at garbage schools?

Correct. Stick to defending the clown hybrid version of Golden and Shannon, casual chick fans like you don't understand football. Just keep screaming "yay go team go try hard!" in the Canes shirt your boyfriend bought you at Walmart 10 minutes before the game.

Advertisement
We should just fire everyone?

If not, who should we fire?

Go on record and let's hear it.

Three games into the season and you're already beating the drums. Dumbest fanbase in America.

We've played 4 games, not 3.

Dumbest fanbase indeed. smh

I would've hired the guy who's 14-3 now at UF, and had the most success ever at shlt program Miss St?

I would've hired Leach who's won 11 games twice since our program has, both times at garbage schools?

Correct. Stick to defending the clown hybrid version of Golden and Shannon, casual chick fans like you don't understand football. Just keep screaming "yay go team go try hard!" in the Canes shirt your boyfriend bought you at Walmart 10 minutes before the game.

Same Mullen who is going to get his **** pushed in by LSU, Auburn and UGA coming up.

Neither Leach nor Mullen would get us anywhere near the playoffs, ever. Not a chance.

Why would you want to hire two guys that you know couldn’t possibly get the job done.

Enos just needs to call to our strengths....
That, right there. Everyone, including me is clamoring for him to do that. But after watching four games, I see that he finds what’s working, then inexplicably moves away from it. Example, first few plays against the turds. Then, first series of each half this game. Maybe he doesn’t know his team’s strengths? At this point, I think MD was baited in some way by Satan to take Enos as a Trojan to make sure we never succeed. I know, I sound paranoid, but this ***** is insane!

Advertisement
Maybe not the dumbest but certainly the most frustrated and maybe the quickest to react. We've been down this road and were slow to react. Now we're over compensating and have a quick trigger.

Nobody is slow to a t.
Maybe not the dumbest but certainly the most frustrated and maybe the quickest to react. We've been down this road and were slow to react. Now we're over compensating and have a quick trigger.

Were we really slow to act though?

People seemingly think our athletic department is like Trump's show The Apprentice in that at the end of the day, we just get to fire whomever whenever we want.

There's much more to it than that, financially and legally with contracts. We have Ferrari tastes with a Chevy budget.

Maybe some calls seem slowly made or maybe they were, but the fans calls of off with their heads are generally unrealistic.

Blake Baker, get a legit DC, Panda, we just need 1 DB coach and if Rumph can't be that guy he has to go as well, Pakte is useless, UM needs a LB coach and a special teams coach; Manny should not be coaching LBs. Stroud, I will give him a chance because Baker scheme is probably ******* his unit up

basically this

baker gone, yesterday

bartender gone, 2 months ago

patke gone, two years ago.. twice

Advertisement
This is a young team, that is showing it so far this season, Looks like it will have to learn everything the hard way at this point.

Like: how to start a game; how to play disciplined football; how to finish a game; how to make plays and not to take emotional penalties in critical moments; how to play together as a unit; how to improve communication; how to improve special teams; understanding big time players need to show up for big (any at this point) games (1/3 of the way through the season #4 has no TDs but 5 other receivers do our LB play has been below expectations); and mostly, how as a 1-2 team, to not take a team like Central Michigan lightly because you dropped 60 and shut-out a similar looking opponent the week prior and think it was automatic.

And yes, the staff needs to see when/where it starts to go bad and make adjustments to head that off. They seem to be teaching things in segments - up until we lost the fumble yesterday, every single ball that was up for grabs on the ground, beginning with Florida, the Canes dug out. The punting is markedly better. The QB is markedly better with essential the same type play so far on the O-line except for BC.

Too many expectations for miracles based on where this program was, the emotionless Gamblers in Las Vegas had us as a 7-win team. The jury is still out. It takes time to rebuild.

Last edited:
Nobody is slow to a t.

Were we really slow to act though?

People seemingly think our athletic department is like Trump's show The Apprentice in that at the end of the day, we just get to fire whomever whenever we want.

There's much more to it than that, financially and legally with contracts. We have Ferrari tastes with a Chevy budget.

Maybe some calls seem slowly made or maybe they were, but the fans calls of off with their heads are generally unrealistic.

Look at our past changes. The LSU Peach Bowl started the clock ticking on Coker. His mass firings only provided cover for another year. It took the troll to personally witness a drubbing in Tampa to determine that Shannon was not the answer. Dabo gets a big assist to force the issue against Golden. Thank God, Richt left on his own.

Yes, I looks like it's been someone from the outside has had to force issue with the administration. Perception is the reality. Too many, that's slow to react.

HC - Richt > Manny
OC - Richt/Brown = Enos
DC - Manny >>> Baker
QB - Richt Jr <<< Enos
RB - Brown > Hickson
WR - Dugan's > Stubblefield
TE - Hartley = Feld
OL - Searels = Barry
DL - Simpson > Stroud
LB - Manny >> Baker
CB - Rumph = Rumph
S - Banda = Banda
ST - Hartley = Patke

From a coaching standpoint, quite honestly, I think the only position coach we upgraded was at QB with Enos.

Advertisement
We should just fire everyone?

If not, who should we fire?

Go on record and let's hear it.

Three games into the season and you're already beating the drums. Dumbest fanbase in America.
I hear ya. I Just wish those dumb drum beaters didn’t keep turning out to be right.

Advertisement
Back