Coaching Trees

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario was with Butch 1st...THAT'S where he learned what it takes...and he'd be the 1st to tell you that....
This.

In fact half the people in OP’s list aren’t part of Saban’s coaching tree. If anything, Saban’s coaching tree is garbage when you consider how much Alabama has won…there should be many more names in that list

Who does Saban really have…Kirby Smart? Big ******* deal. Compare that to Butch’s tree…or Jimmy Johnson. Not close.

You wonder why we were so dominant back in the day, just look at all the superstar coaches we had

Advertisement
6A1D7D80-2B08-4C8D-B2A8-0E813C6B6B8F.jpeg

Manny’s coaching tree.
Someone add some names to it **** it.

Advertisement
Unreal. But nothing new, he's been doing this. And I'd take any of those men to lead us lol.

It almost makes you want to not care anymore

It’s insane how incompetent Miami is when it comes to running its football program

I know I know, money is a factor. But Nick Saban is the Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank always investing at advantageous prices while Miami is trying to invest via GoFundMe

Advertisement
Tony Dungy
Herm Edwards​
Mike Tomlin​
Lovie Smith​
Jim Caldwell​
Lezlie Fraizer​
Ron Marinelli​
And Dungy would call himself a Chuck Noll / Bud Carson guy...

Diaz not having a large coaching tree isn't that shocking. What is suprising is that despite Richt being a HC for around 2 decades, he only produced 4 HCs from his tree:

Mike Bobo
Neil Callaway
Brian VanGorder
Manny Diaz

3 flops and a Manny Diaz.

I don't know what that says about Richt other than he didn't seem to have a blueprint for success (at least not one that his assistants could follow).

Advertisement
Back