Coaching "Suggestions".....

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
I apologize for creating another thread so similar to the other 300 or so dedicated to the slight dream that Golden may be gone and we may get a new guy, but I have to ask, what are with some of these suggestions as to potential replacements?

Ice Harris? Really? Have you learned anything from the past 3 coaching hires? Or do you just enjoy being stuck in a constant snakebitten state?

Mark Stoops? There are much worse candidates out there, but there are much better as well. In 2 years at Kentucky (yes, I know, SEC! SEC! SEC!), his wins (7) are against: Miami (OH), Alabama State, Tennessee-Martin, Ohio, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Louisiana-Monroe. Sounds like anyone we know? Hint-hint. Cough-cough. I'm not suggesting he can't or won't be good eventually, but Miami isn't the place for him to "find his calling" as a coach; just like it wasn't Coker's, Shannon's, or Golden's.

I'm not necessarily in a "BUTCH OR BUST" mode, but my God can we just get it right this time?! It doesn't have to be a Nick Saban or a Jim Harbaugh, but can it NOT be a Randy Shannon, Larry Coker, or Al Golden this go-round?

Advertisement
The top guy I want may seem like a pipedream because he's probably going to Michigan but Jim Harbaugh would be at the very top of my list. The things he did at Stanford and then got San Francisco going in the right direction. Remember, San Fran sucked before he got there. I can't imagine the things he could do at a school with most of the talent right in our backyard. We could probably outbid Michigan and still wouldn't get him due to him being a Michigan alum and wanting that job. I see him getting fired after this season which would be a huge mistake by the 49ers but their idiot GM keeps butting heads with Harbaugh. Of course this is all moot anyway because Golden isn't going anywhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back