Coaching stuff

Moonman

иди нахуй
Norvell/Dillingham vs Diaz/Baker

Fsu OC Kenny Dillingham has been coaching under Mike Norvell since 2014. He took over as OC at Memphis in 2018. That year Memphis was #4 in total offense and rushed for 280 yards per game with all-American RB Darrell Henderson leading the way. However, Norvell called the plays. Dham spent 2019 at Auburn as Gus Malzahn's co-OC. Malzahn also called the plays. Auburn's offense improved from second to last in the SECW in 2018 to 4th place behind LSU, Bama and Ole Miss in 2019. Norvell/Dham have never faced a Diaz/Baker led defense. Norvell is from the Todd Graham coaching tree. Others who coached under Graham include Chad Morris and Malzahn. With Norvell out due to ChinaBatVirus, Dham will be calling plays exclusively for the first time in his career. Chris Thomsen, who is the tight ends coach, will be acting head coach in Norvell's absence. Thomsen won two conference championships as HC at Abilene Christian. He also led Texas Tech to a win over Minnesota in the Meineke bowl in 2012 as interim HC. He's faced a Manny Diaz led defense once when as OL coach Texas Tech lost to Texas 31-22.

Fuller vs Lashlee

Fsu DC Adam Fuller is from the Doc Holliday coaching tree. He spent 2013-2018 coaching under Holliday at Marshall. In 2018 Marshall's defense was in the top 30 in seven major defensive categories, including #8 against the run. In 2019 Fuller took over as DC at Memphis. The Tigers' defense improved by an average of just over 40% in the national rankings from 2018 to 2019. Fuller has gone head to head with Rhett Lashlee once, when Memphis faced SMU in 2019. The Mustangs gained 553 yards and scored 6 TDs against the Tigers' D.

IMO we have a pretty significant coaching advantage in this game. Lashlee has prepared for and eviscerated Fuller's defense before. I also believe the Manny/Baker combo is gonna be too much for a first time play caller with average talent at the skill positions and a below average OL.

My prediction, which is not really the point of this thread, is a 40 something to 20 something victory for the CANES.

ETA: I totally forgot to include the X factor, Ed Reed on the sidelines. We saw the effect of that on Saturday. I guarantee Reed will spot something which will lead to a turnover. Dham is too green.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I guarantee Reed will spot something which will lead to a turnover. Dham is too green.
I guarantee he has already spotted it on film and parlayed that info to Baker and Manny. Even though DHam is the new playcaller he is still using the same plays and concepts. Not to mention enduring the limitations of FSU's offense with Blackman at the helm.

Advertisement
Norvell/Dillingham vs Diaz/Baker

Fsu OC Kenny Dillingham has been coaching under Mike Norvell since 2014. He took over as OC at Memphis in 2018. That year Memphis was #4 in total offense and rushed for 280 yards per game with all-American RB Darrell Henderson leading the way. However, Norvell called the plays. Dham spent 2019 at Auburn as Gus Malzahn's co-OC. Malzahn also called the plays. Auburn's offense improved from second to last in the SECW in 2018 to 4th place behind LSU, Bama and Ole Miss in 2019. Norvell/Dham have never faced a Diaz/Baker led defense. Norvell is from the Todd Graham coaching tree. Others who coached under Graham include Chad Morris and Malzahn. With Norvell out due to ChinaBatVirus, Dham will be calling plays exclusively for the first time in his career. Chris Thomsen, who is the tight ends coach, will be acting head coach in Norvell's absence. Thomsen won two conference championships as HC at Abilene Christian. He also led Texas Tech to a win over Minnesota in the Meineke bowl in 2012 as interim HC. He's faced a Manny Diaz led defense once when as OL coach Texas Tech lost to Texas 31-22.

Fuller vs Lashlee

Fsu DC Adam Fuller is from the Doc Holliday coaching tree. He spent 2013-2018 coaching under Holliday at Marshall. In 2018 Marshall's defense was in the top 30 in seven major defensive categories, including #8 against the run. In 2019 Fuller took over as DC at Memphis. The Tigers' defense improved by an average of just over 40% in the national rankings from 2018 to 2019. Fuller has gone head to head with Rhett Lashlee once, when Memphis faced SMU in 2019. The Mustangs gained 553 yards and scored 6 TDs against the Tigers' D.

IMO we have a pretty significant coaching advantage in this game. Lashlee has prepared for and eviscerated Fuller's defense before. I also believe the Manny/Baker combo is gonna be too much for a first time play caller with average talent at the skill positions and a below average OL.

My prediction, which is not really the point of this thread, is a 40 something to 20 something victory for the CANES.

ETA: I totally forgot to include the X factor, Ed Reed on the sidelines. We saw the effect of that on Saturday. I guarantee Reed will spot something which will lead to a turnover. Dham is too great.

Your fuzzy score prediction is similar to mind. I'm SEE-ring Miami scores in the forties and mighty FSU scores in the twenty point range. Nevertheless, Miami will COVER the game time point spread!

Not sure we score 40+. Their D has some talent and IMO is definitely better Louisville's. .

Now their offense? Agree I can't see them scoring more than 20. ****** OL, avg rb's, avg QB and one good WR with a first time play caller.

I see something us winning in the 34-13 range.

Advertisement
OP or anyone else have any insight on Fuller's defensive philosophy? Curious as to the type of scheme they run.

Not sure we score 40+. Their D has some talent and IMO is definitely better Louisville's. .

Now their offense? Agree I can't see them scoring more than 20. ****** OL, avg rb's, avg QB and one good WR with a first time play caller.

I see something us winning in the 34-13 range.
If not for a few breaks, we would have put 60 on Louisville. I definitely think scoring 40 + against FSU is feasible. Especially if their offense is really sluggish in the first half. Their defense will give up.

If GT can put up 440 yards against FSU with a freshmen QB, there's no reason why we shouldn't put up 500. Gt didn't capitalize on a lot of their drives however I don't see the same thing happening with us. Defensively, anything can happen with our D. They have a ways to go before they become a championship caliber D.

Advertisement
If not for a few breaks, we would have put 60 on Louisville. I definitely think scoring 40 + against FSU is feasible. Especially if their offense is really sluggish in the first half. Their defense will give up.
We definitely left some points out there vs Lou. I'm not going to be surprised at all if we score 40+ I just think this game will be tougher to do so.

And I agree 100% their team will absolutely quit if we can get up on them early.

Advertisement
Lol nobody asked you for your ******* opinion.
Well well well..
tenor.gif

Blackman holds on to the ball for way too long, has terrible pocket awareness, gets scared and makes bad decisions. Our defensive ends are going to eat him alive.

Well well well..
tenor.gif
I'm tired of these ******* comepingas repeating the same ******* bull**** in every thread. We get it ********. You don't like Baker, Rumph, Patke, Strawley, whoever the ****...

How about letting the adults have a substantive conversation without vomiting your tiresome bile in every thread?

FYI I'm not singling anyone out personally. It's a whole bunch of NPC ***** in here who need get a life.

CollageMaker_20200507_112206286.jpg

I'd love love (LOVE) to see UM in a rout. And that very well could happen.

But, not gonna lie, that would be odd. Blowouts, for either team in this series, are just few and far between. Some Golden teams hung around close to some good f$u squads a while back and visa versa.

Hoping that trend changes for the good guys this Saturday.

Advertisement
Back