Coaching Staff

View as article

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Staff so far and what we know

All reported by CanesInSight very own Peter Ariz

12/2 5:03PM: Mark Richt will be Miami's next Head Coach.
- HC Mark Richt (Georgia HC from 01-15)
- Bio: GEORGIADOGS.COM - Mark Richt Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site

12/27 11:18AM: Craig Kuligowiski will join the staff as the DL Coach
- DL Craig Kuligowski (Missouri DL Coach 01-15)
- Players he's coached CJ Mosley (01-05), Aldon Smith (08-10), Michael Sam (09-13), Sheldon Richardson (11-12) Kony Early (10-13) & Shane Ray (11-14)
- Bio: University of Missouri Athletics - 2015 Football Coaching Staff
- Note he has produces some really good players into the NFL but one that that's a trend about his players is there Character issues but that's not on Kuligowski.
- Salary at Missouri $362,500

12/27 11:20AM: Thomas Brown will be on the Miami Staff; Title is uncertain at the time
- Thomas Brown (Georgia RB Coach 15-15)
- Players he's coached Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin 2014) Nick Chubb & Sony Michel (Georgia 2015)
- Bio: GEORGIADOGS.COM - Thomas Brown Bio - University of Georgia Official Athletic Site
- Coaching (2012 Chattanooga RB Coach) 2013 (Marshall RB Coach) 2014 (Wisconsin RB Coach) 2015 Georgia RB Coach)
- Salary at Georgia $275,000

12/27 11:31AM: WR Coach Kevin Beard will likely not be on the staff; Which now raises question about Miami's most important commit Sam Bruce.

12/27 2:04PM: Reports from SFHSSports.com & CBSMiami writer JT Wilcox: "Hearing that CMR will not retain RB coach Tim "Ice" Harris"

12/27 3:11PM: Kehoe will not return as the OL Coach according to Pete, Pete also stated that he has been offered a fundraising position within the program but no confirmation that he will accept the position.

12/27 3:35PM: Reports from CanesWarning.com "LB coach Hurlie Brown will not be retained on the staff"

12/27 3:46PM: OLB coach Kareem Brown will not be retained by the staff via his Instagram

12/28 12:27PM: Miami & LSU DB coach Corey Raymond camp have been in contact. Pete also said not to expect any news about Raymond until after LSU bowl game, which is tomorrow night.

12/28 1:15PM: Miami interm HC & TE coach Larry Scott is expected to remain on the staff

12/28 2:25PM: Reports from Corey Bender from Scout.com. "Mark Richt spoke to WR commit Sam Bruce and told him that DC Mark D'Onofrio & LB Coach Hurlie Brown will not be returning.

12/30 9:11AM: Reports from ESPN BIG10 Recruiting Analyst Tom VanHaaren. "Miami DL Coach Randy Melvin is expected to be the new DL coach at Purdue."

This post will be updated as we find out who will be on the staff

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hate the KB news but love tthe Kuli news! Now Bruce IMO needs to chill out and wait for the staff to come together but going to the Gaytors is idiotic

If Kuligowski is on staff now, that is a major, major upgrade....

Defense will be fun again - not so much for the opposing offenses, though...

Advertisement
If Kuligowski is on staff now, that is a major, major upgrade....

Defense will be fun again - not so much for the opposing offenses, though...

Lets see who we get for the rest of the defense before we decide that we will impose upon offenses because one aspect of the defense doesn't suck.

But if this is the caliber of coach CMR is bringing in, I'm about it.

im ok with beard news. if had kept him id of been fine also. only 1 yr coaching wr's and i thought they were better this year then last.

that said im ok with an entire purge of staff , beard, scott to me were 2 id of been ok keeping. the rest pretty much had to go.

Advertisement
Richards is more valuable then bruce... i can name 7 players more valuable then Bruce. I'm not hating on bruh i hope he sticks he's an asset... but whoever think he's the most important recruit needs to dive in the Atlantic and hold your breathe until you pass out.

Sam Bruce is the most important recruit.... How?

by far the best player in the class and future Heisman candidate. I know they're other recruits out there but Bruce is a game changer and one of those recruits that Miami hasn't been able to land.

Advertisement
Bruce just seems like a good player to me. No better than Stacey Coley was in high school. I'm not saying he's a bum but QBs and linemen are way more important to this class. And in this particular class so are DBs.

by far the best player in the class and future Heisman candidate. I know they're other recruits out there but Bruce is a game changer and one of those recruits that Miami hasn't been able to land.

Thanks for the update. I don't agree with this assessment of Bruce, though. I don't consider him to be on the level of Dalvin Cook or Ridley or those guys "Miami hasn't been able to land." I think we have at least 3-4 prospects who have higher ceilings.

Advertisement
lol yes, there are several more important recruits on our radar and that are committed. ****, he's not even our best WR prospect. I'd love to keep him, but not at the cost of compromising our staff - if we get a better WR coach than Beard, it's worth it to give up Bruce.

Tito Benach ‏@TitoBenach 3h3 hours ago
From what I understand, Bruce and UF haven’t been in communication as often as they were previously. UF targeting a lot of receivers in 2016

Advertisement
Back