Coaching salary question

CanesLifer2

Junior
Has anyone heard of a clause in a coaches contract that if they bring in a top 10 or whatever player at their position, in their contract they get X amount of dollars for each one they bring in? Maybe that would be a good way to get coaches to get better at recruiting? Especially position coaches who don’t make as much. Lol just something that popped in my head

Advertisement
Or it will get coaches so focused on a few recruits they're not likely to get that they $#!+ the bed on everyone else.

You can write any kind of clause into a contract so long as it's not illegal. This one would be a stupid one.

Or it will get coaches so focused on a few recruits they're not likely to get that they $#!+ the bed on everyone else.

You can write any kind of clause into a contract so long as it's not illegal. This one would be a stupid one.

Fair enough, didn’t think of that

You think players are being paid wealthy check out these Coaches that are being dropped BIG bags nowadays

Nah cause then coaches won’t evaluate. They’ll just target the top tier and flop on the rest

Advertisement
I've thought about making this an incentive recently. The best way I can think of to do it contractually might be to offer a bonus if you end the season ranked as a top 10/25/50 recruiter by 247, or (more likely) to tie it to some measure related to Miami's board. Rank all desired players at a position on the board and give out a bonus using some sort of points system. If we want 4 DBs: x dollars for each of our top 4 recruits you bring in, y of they're the next 3 on our board, z for the next 3 after that, etc...
Edit: use a third party ranking (247) and/or Manny's judgement to determine a player's tier in this system, and to avoid BS evaluations - although these coaches should keep in mind that their reps are on the line

The sentiment isn't too far off. But make the clause "guys drafted in the first three rounds" or something like that. Sure it's not as immediate and the coach may leave, but no reason they can't have residuals.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back