Coaching Salary Pool

• Thread starter Deleted member 16870
  • Start date
Advertisement
Yes. His contract went from 10 million guaranteed to 5 million guaranteed and is extremely incentive based now. He is in the bottom 1/3 in terms of salary for B1G Head Coaches. I think he’s 11/14, off the top of my head
And they are playing better hahaha. These man be getting paid way too much

I get the feeling that if we're successful in the pursuit of Mario that it will be more than a 5 year deal. More like 7 and up year contract. Do you think that's the case? Because he's gonna want assurance if he leaves what he's built at Oregon.
Certainly more than 5. I could see them doing the Texas A&M and Jimbo thing and throwing a 10 year deal worth $65-75 million (if they're actually committed to paying the salary its gonna take)

That's either gonna save the program if he's successful or completely end it because he'll be here at least 7-8 in that scenario and there's no firing him even if he's losing.

Certainly more than 5. I could see them doing the Texas A&M and Jimbo thing and throwing a 10 year deal worth $65-75 million (if they're actually committed to paying the salary its gonna take)

That's either gonna save the program if he's successful or completely end it because he'll be here at least 7-8 in that scenario and there's no firing him even if he's losing.
Columbus boys might do it. Would give the program stability for sure, but its a risk, 4,5 years and not atleast a conference title, probably anarchy. I would take the chance with Cristobal though. No one else.

On top of what we offer Mario/lane, we’ll also invest $10m+ in staff (coaches and analysts).
Here's the thing I'm curious about.

Reading all I can about the subject it looks like it seems like there's been a coup by a small cabal of very wealthy Trustees who have Cristobal as their #1 HC candidate and wanted rid of Blake.

The 'money is no object' mantra is coming from them. My question is - what happens if Cristobal says no? Are they going to back Plan B, C, D to the same degree? Or does their generosity end at Mario?

Advertisement
Here's the thing I'm curious about.

Reading all I can about the subject it looks like it seems like there's been a coup by a small cabal of very wealthy Trustees who have Cristobal as their #1 HC candidate and wanted rid of Blake.

The 'money is no object' mantra is coming from them. My question is - what happens if Cristobal says no? Are they going to back Plan B, C, D to the same degree? Or does their generosity end at Mario?

Something I've wondered as well. Here's my take - if Mario says no, and if they hire a competent AD, I still think they invest in the program. Besides, I'm sure their short list of HCs are very capable who will demand nothing less in order to land them. the new AD will know this and support this as well.

There is going to be more money thrown around than at Frenk's Saturday night *** dungeon party found under the Richter library.
1637092865626.jpeg

They'd make up the budget deficit by just winning the ACC. ACC champion merch would sell like mad for the thirsty U fans. Like Field of Dreams, if they build it they money will be there.

Advertisement
Finally some one who understands. Miami will have to pay Mario buy out which is 8 million. They give him a salary between 7-9 million a year and spend 6 million on his staff. That's a 20-22 million dollar commitment come year one. Miami ain't willing to do that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not going to name names, but if Miami is in the actual $8mil range numbers Miami could poach some big name coaches even if it’s a “lateral” move.

Obviously these are estimates but this shows how much we could offer at each position. If we go 2Mil on OC/DC assume less on some other assistants.

Oc/wr : 1.5 mil

Qb 750k

Rb 700k

Ol 700k

Te (ST?)500k

$4.15 mil on Offense

Dl 800k

Dc/lb 1.1 mil

S 700k

C 700k

(This could either go to ST coach or OLB coach if 3-4 D) 600k

$3.9Mil on Defense.

Total would be $8.05mil.

Now go and see which coaches would get a huge bump by coming to Miami, especially with no state tax…….Cough cough LSU, Georgia, Penn St etc….

Advertisement
Back