Coaching salaries are going to drop or plateau

Liquidstoke

Banned
Banned
Despite my multiple bans...

I've been on CIS for years with the reality-based commentary that comes true year after year....

The new "pay-me-my-money-******" CFB rules will mean colleges will be diverting money from overpaying coaches and start using those funds to recruit, retain, and kiss the ***-side of their valued athletes going forward...

Debate me in 1-2 years when it all filters out....

Advertisement
Not Listening Season 5 GIF by Friends

OP after posting.

“It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science. ' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”

Advertisement
TBH they should have been dropped. College coach salaries are ridiculous.

Players should have been getting paid and there should be more money put into the school for the sports programs, facilities and all students enrolled.

College coach salaries are ridiculous.

Across the board, perhaps. But elite coaches provide an ROI to the university that virtually if not literally nothing else can.

I can guarantee without question that Saban and Dabo more than pay for themselves.

Now, I'm not exactly saying I agree with it, but Clemson and 'Bama aren't much of universities either, and clearly prioritize the football program over academics. The thing is, if the football program is highly successful, it can have a significant impact on selectivity.

I've been on CIS for years with the reality-based commentary that comes true year after year....

The new "pay-me-my-money-******" CFB rules will mean colleges will be diverting money from overpaying coaches and start using those funds to recruit, retain, and kiss the ***-side of their valued athletes going forward...

They will plateau (and likely decline in purchasing power y-t-y) but not as much for the reason you state.

However, your point is taken thematically.

Advertisement
They will plateau (and likely decline in purchasing power y-t-y) but not as much for the reason you state.

However, your point is taken thematically.

Coaching salaries in college, as well as college tuition, have completely blown inflation away for decades now. They will ONLY decline in purchasing power if growth in salary is less than inflation, which is frankly laughable, even in inflationary periods.

Might they regress in growth rate toward inflation? Maybe. Probably not.

Will they decline in purchasing power? No. There is literally no reason to think that coaching salaries or tuition will cease to continue to outpace inflation. But I can give a multitude of reasons why they will continue to do so.

OP is really saying with his multiple banned accounts that he is an original troll who has too much free time to keep creating new burner accounts to mess with the board

As a retired professor, I have always maintained that college loans are the greatest contributor to tuition inflation. Your kid can't wait for his financial aid package before picking a school. It includes $20,000 in loans. It is like your bank telling you they are going to give you a home purchasing package. The first thing they offer,"We will lend you your down payment>"

School is NOT losing any money due to NIL. So, salaries will continue to increase. Once athletic budgets start to pay players, then you will see coaches be paid more like NFL coaches.

Advertisement
School is NOT losing any money due to NIL. So, salaries will continue to increase. Once athletic budgets start to pay players, then you will see coaches be paid more like NFL coaches.
Or many, many school elect not to play the game at all. And college football contacts to 30-40 teams. If that.

Well, we wont see you here by then, considering you will be banned. Again.

“It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a 'dismal science. ' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”
I have no idea how I missed this thread, but this comment should have closed the thread.

Advertisement
Schools are still now allowed to pay players. Coach salaries will continue to rise.

An expanded CFP will boost revenues and this will flow down to coaching salaries and facilitates, at least at programs what wish to remain competitive.

As a retired professor, I have always maintained that college loans are the greatest contributor to tuition inflation. Your kid can't wait for his financial aid package before picking a school. It includes $20,000 in loans. It is like your bank telling you they are going to give you a home purchasing package. The first thing they offer,"We will lend you your down payment>"

the worst thing to ever happen for college-ready students were federally-guaranteed student loans. now the value of the degree is watered down because universities will take more and more people while increasing tuition to cartoonish levels, while administrative bloat continues to grow. the bubble needs to burst for the good of everyone involved.

Advertisement
Back