COACHING FIRINGS

Advertisement
manny wants to see the end of his head coaching career if he keeps baker for next year

bama is gonna drop **** near 70 if baker is here, do you understand that mr yes man manny? I know you read these forums, it's obvious so do you want your *** being remember for losing 70 to 17 to bama and immediately getting fired?
Him being a son of a mayor, don't you all that it has some saying and influence on that decision? SILVER spoon type. Right or not. Please explain why is he still here. He's been here 5 going on to 6 yrs. Connections right.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Given the speed at which he hired our HC, Blake is 100% tied to Manny. Zero chance he's retained if the experiment fails. Not to mention, the rest of the AD is in the crapper right now.

If TRob has been there, and Manny has been said to have already been interviewed guys by reputable posters on the board, don’t we think that he would’ve already been secured if he was the guy? Whether it’s a right or wrong call, seems pretty obvious that either Manny didn’t want TRob as the Rumph/Banda replacement or he wasn’t interested in Miami. Mullen had probably known that these guys were gone for a few weeks as well.
I could see Manny holding off on making a decision while waiting to make sure his friends got new spots. I have no idea if that is actually happening or if T-Rob was even considered (if he wasn't, that's idiotic). Basically, I have no idea what's going on but I just said I hope Manny didn't potentially **** this up by putting his friends above the university.

Advertisement
I’m a physical therapist dip****, this is what I do for a living! Believe what you want sporto, interesting how it took world class athlete Clay Thompson over a year of rehab and because he was still probably compensating on it, tore his Achilles in his other leg. But go ahead if want to believe king will be ready for the beginning of the season. Smh Set yourself up for a let down if you want, no skin of my back. Lol

Ill take the word of the Dr and Nurses who actually do the surgeries on the athletes over the guy who does physical therapy on the woman who slipped in publix. 6-9 months is recovery time table. If I do simple math that could be anywhere between July and Aug. I’ll hope for the best, if he doesn’t get back next man up.

Ill take the word of the Dr and Nurses who actually do the surgeries on the athletes over the guy who does physical therapy on the woman who slipped in publix. 6-9 months is recovery time table. If I do simple math that could be anywhere between July and Aug. I’ll hope for the best, if he doesn’t get back next man up.
Nurses?! Lmao when did rehab become a nurses job? 🙄 last time I checked rehab is a physical therapists job and I’ve rehabbed plenty of ACLs. And MCLs and meniscus and so on and so on. News flash @$$hole, every patient is different and the doctor does the surgery and hands them over to us for the rehab with the guidelines. And if the goals in POC we set, aren’t met along those guidelines and the stability isn’t there, they’re not cleared regardless of how long the doctor said it should take when he wrote it down on the prescription. Smh

Last edited:
Advertisement
you are really in your feelings about these defensive coaches.

this is a big money business and none of them should be on a Miami coaching staff. None of them would get a job at any other P5 program in the entire country. That tells me everything I need to know.

That's fine. But that's still not nepotism.

And go back and check. I'm fully in favor of firing multiple defensive coaches. That still doesn't change the definitions of words.

His blanket statement was wrong. And I’m correct. Sol is a top 1% position coach.

I'm not arguing with you, I met the man many times when I was at UM. But when he was first hired, it absolutely was questioned by many (though the Interwebz had not yet been invented).

You’re right but it’s frustrating. gaytors played after us and are already moving ahead. I have a feeling Banda is holding up everything.

See, you are 100% correct here. Banda's issue with Utah State is probably the timing linchpin in this entire process.

I'm just laughing at the oversimplifications being put forth by the Dopey Mope crowd, who think we are back in the 1970s and have to fire guys and post the job openings on a campus bulletin board before we can offer and hire replacements.

I'd love to see every process at Miami only take one day, but that's probably not going to happen. I understand the frustration. But some of these porsters have deluded themselves into thinking that Manny has holed up somewhere to ponder this situation, and is somehow dawdling for no apparent reason. Which is silly.

Lots of moving parts. We will be replacing anywhere from 1 to 5 coaches (if Stroud were to retire due to health). That might require an extra day or two.

Here is an interesting question to consider. Would our fans be happier with a RAPID replacement of coaches, if it was limited to just 2 position coaches and not the DC (i.e., we kept Blake Baker)? Because that is what is happening in Hogtown, the Gaytors are keeping Grantham.

Advertisement
I have no idea if Baker is staying or not. Manny isn’t canning Banda. If Baker is gone, Manny would probably rather see Banda take the Utah State DC job rather than publicly pass him over. If Baker isn’t leaving, and Rumph is going, they still need to wait, pending whether the new DBU coach will have safeties and CB’s or just CB’s

Bingo.

Florida cares more about winning than Miami which is sad. If we sit with our thumb up our a$$, we won’t land anyone of prominence from a coaching standpoint.

that is if we even make the necessary changes.

Florida is keeping Grantham. Do you think we should emulate the Gaytors, and rush-fire two of our position coaches, while retaining Blake Baker? Yeah, those Gaytors reeeeeallly care more about winning than Miami does...

See, you are 100% correct here. Banda's issue with Utah State is probably the timing linchpin in this entire process.

I'm just laughing at the oversimplifications being put forth by the Dopey Mope crowd, who think we are back in the 1970s and have to fire guys and post the job openings on a campus bulletin board before we can offer and hire replacements.

I'd love to see every process at Miami only take one day, but that's probably not going to happen. I understand the frustration. But some of these porsters have deluded themselves into thinking that Manny has holed up somewhere to ponder this situation, and is somehow dawdling for no apparent reason. Which is silly.

Lots of moving parts. We will be replacing anywhere from 1 to 5 coaches (if Stroud were to retire due to health). That might require an extra day or two.

Here is an interesting question to consider. Would our fans be happier with a RAPID replacement of coaches, if it was limited to just 2 position coaches and not the DC (i.e., we kept Blake Baker)? Because that is what is happening in Hogtown, the Gaytors are keeping Grantham.
I don’t know if Baker is going or not. Like you said - it’s just a lot of moving or potentially moving parts with Banda as the lynchpin.

Day or two? Manny knew he'd need new defensive coaches since the UNC game. T-Rob has been fair game most of the season, he could have locked this all up weeks ago. Now, he may have waited to hire anyone until a new dc is brought in but we don't even know if that's happening or not. There are a lot of scenarios where you might wait but there are other scenarios where it would be dumb to wait...that's why I said "if" in my original post.

Once all the moves are made we'll have a better idea if Manny ****ed this up or not. If he doesn't bring in a new DC who gets to pick all of his position coaches, then I view this as a missed opportunity.

Riiiight.

So you think that the Gaytors only started talking to T-Rob AFTER they fired English, and that Manny didn't reach out to T-Rob SOLELY BECAUSE Rumph's firing has not yet been announced? And that the Gaytors acted "quickly", while nobody at Miami has picked up a phone?

This is gross and inaccurate oversimplification at its finest.

Advertisement
Back