COACHING FIRINGS

Advertisement
You’re right but it’s frustrating. gaytors played after us and are already moving ahead. I have a feeling Banda is holding up everything.
Doubt that’s the case. I’d bet that there’s a good chance that TRob just wasn’t going to be the guy for Manny regardless.

News of Lashlee's hiring broke on Jan. 3rd. 8 days after the bowl game. Pretty sure this whole narrative about sitting on our *** and costing us a hire was a thing last year too.

no Enos got his *** fired before our bowl game. Whole staff got fired within days on offense. It’s been 3 days and nothing in defense. Manny is either trying to help his friends get jobs other places first so he doesn’t have to publicly fire them, or he is retaining most of them

You think starting the process of hiring new coaches only begins when it is official that the previous coaches are gone?

no but what is the point of not publicly firing your ****** defensive staff unless you are trying to be a good friend and not publicly embarrass them?

once again, manny is trying to be the nice political guy

Advertisement
no Enos got his *** fired before our bowl game. Whole staff got fired within days on offense. It’s been 3 days and nothing in defense. Manny is either trying to help his friends get jobs other places first so he doesn’t have to publicly fire them, or he is retaining most of them
My guess is the first option. No way Manny keeps all of the defensive coaches after this season and epic misses at DB in recruiting.

Day or two? Manny knew he'd need new defensive coaches since the UNC game. T-Rob has been fair game most of the season, he could have locked this all up weeks ago. Now, he may have waited to hire anyone until a new dc is brought in but we don't even know if that's happening or not. There are a lot of scenarios where you might wait but there are other scenarios where it would be dumb to wait...that's why I said "if" in my original post.

Once all the moves are made we'll have a better idea if Manny ****ed this up or not. If he doesn't bring in a new DC who gets to pick all of his position coaches, then I view this as a missed opportunity.
If TRob has been there, and Manny has been said to have already been interviewed guys by reputable posters on the board, don’t we think that he would’ve already been secured if he was the guy? Whether it’s a right or wrong call, seems pretty obvious that either Manny didn’t want TRob as the Rumph/Banda replacement or he wasn’t interested in Miami. Mullen had probably known that these guys were gone for a few weeks as well.

If TRob has been there, and Manny has been said to have already been interviewed guys by reputable posters on the board, don’t we think that he would’ve already been secured if he was the guy? Whether it’s a right or wrong call, seems pretty obvious that either Manny didn’t want TRob as the Rumph/Banda replacement or he wasn’t interested in Miami. Mullen had probably known that these guys were gone for a few weeks as well.

I haven’t seen any of these posts. Have there been any names associated with Manny’s interviews?

And people wanted him fired in November after the Duke game because he sucked and "we don't want to miss out on an OC". And yet Jan 3rd came around and the Lashlee hire was reported. Pretty much dumping on the talk of waiting costing you an OC. Agents and coaches know which jobs are open and are coming open. The results here matter, not anyone's feelings about timing. If Diaz is replacing these guys the potential replacements already know and the defensive staff not publicly getting their walking papers already doesn't matter

Advertisement
You think starting the process of hiring new coaches only begins when it is official that the previous coaches are gone?
I don’t think that most think that. It’s obviously a process handled discreetly & in advance but there hasn’t even been a little bit of smoke. Seems like any changes that are going to be made will be similar to what the Gayduhs are doing. Blake stays and others like Banda, Rumph & Stroud are gone.

I love CIS. It's always the same recycled names that posters love to toss out everytime there are potential staff openings. Kevin Patrick is the sweetheart name at DL even though he's an average coach at best who hasn't held anything higher than a middle of the road P5 job . T-Rob and Corey Raymond at DB coach. Dorsey at OC. Ya'll do know there are other coaches out there right?

If baker isn’t shown the door, Manny is a dead man walking. He will have gone down the same road as Richt. With a sure blow out L to Bama to start his final year it will be all downhill..... again

I love CIS. It's always the same recycled names that posters love to toss out everytime there are potential staff openings. Kevin Patrick is the sweetheart name at DL even though he's an average coach at best who hasn't held anything higher than a middle of the road P5 job . T-Rob and Corey Raymond at DB coach. Dorsey at OC. Ya'll do know there are other coaches out there right?
The board is fixated on former alums and practically anyone with South Florida. Just bring me smart, competent, hungry assistants on D. I could care less where they're from.

Advertisement
If baker isn’t shown the door, Manny is a dead man walking. He will have gone down the same road as Richt. With a sure blow out L to Bama to start his final year it will be all downhill..... again
And this guy will pick the next corch,

bj.jpg

Manny better learn from the last 2 guys and their nepotism. And Blake James is stupid if he doesn’t force Manny’s hand because his job is on the line as well.

Advertisement
Tell me who these "mega donors" are. Because I went to school and am friends with some of them. I just want to hear you say their names.

And I know how Miami works because I went to UM, I'm active as an alum, and because I am friends with people who work in very high roles at UM, including the Athletic Department.

But, yeah, now you're choosing to attack me personally instead of just admitting you were wrong in saying that Blake hired Manny because the boosters and BOT forced him to do so.

Finally, you expose your ignorance when you say "it's there money whose footing a lot of the bill". Uhhhh...wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Maybe if Miami had an F$U-level meltdown that put us in a position of having to pay multiple multi-million dollar buyouts, then MAYBE we would need some money from the boosters. But has been made very clear in prior posts, Golden didn't cost a ton of money (and Beta Blake even shorted Golden some of his severance pay), Richt let us out of our contract at no cost, and we "only" paid $4 million to Temple for Manny. And, sure, I wish we could have paid Temple zero-point-zero, but Miami easily afforded the $4 million without having to go begging to our boosters.

I'm curious as to what your next tactic will be, as you continue to try to save your bogus "Blake hired Manny because the BOT/boosters made him" nonsense.
I don't know their names, I just figured Miami was like all these other big programs where the donors and board have huge pull over HC hirings and things within the program. I guess I was wrong and we let a terrible AD who doesn't know anything about team building or football in General hire a HC without interviewing anyone else. If I was a major donor and our AD hired a HC without discussing it with the board and getting their approval I would of pulled my money.

Advertisement
Back