COACHING FIRINGS

Advertisement
Jesus ******* Christ. If we were in it and lose him because Manny took forever, I'm going to lose my ******* mind.

Does anyone seriously think that we will lose out on an assistant coach over a day or two of timing?

The fact that the news of English leaving and T-Rob being a candidate are happening at the same time should be a pretty clear indication that this was pre-arranged, and was not dependent upon the exact date on which Manny fires any of his assistant coaches.

If Manny didn't fire almost the entire offensive staff two years in a row you might be right.
Read my post again and again.

"Friends and family"

Was the offensive staff his friends like Baker was? The answer to that simple question is no.

So learn some reading comprehension and come back when you have something solid.

Don Soldinger says "fvck you". All of the Miami GAs whose first assistant coaching jobs were at Miami say "fvck you".

And that "high school coach" is a Miami alum who was all-conference and a first round draft pick.

you are really in your feelings about these defensive coaches.

this is a big money business and none of them should be on a Miami coaching staff. None of them would get a job at any other P5 program in the entire country. That tells me everything I need to know.

Advertisement
Does anyone seriously think that we will lose out on an assistant coach over a day or two of timing?

The fact that the news of English leaving and T-Rob being a candidate are happening at the same time should be a pretty clear indication that this was pre-arranged, and was not dependent upon the exact date on which Manny fires any of his assistant coaches.
You’re right but it’s frustrating. gaytors played after us and are already moving ahead. I have a feeling Banda is holding up everything.

Read my post again and again.

"Friends and family"

Was the offensive staff his friends like Baker was? The answer to that simple question is no.

So learn some reading comprehension and come back when you have something solid.
Yes, I'm sure he had no friends on the offensive side after working with them for 3 years.

Yes, I'm sure he had no friends on the offensive side after working with them for 3 years.
Three whole years on the opposite side of the ball?

Please keep going. You're making a compelling argument.

Advertisement
I would imaging it's taking a whole lot of begging/convincing Mrs Banda to move to Utah.
I have no idea if Baker is staying or not. Manny isn’t canning Banda. If Baker is gone, Manny would probably rather see Banda take the Utah State DC job rather than publicly pass him over. If Baker isn’t leaving, and Rumph is going, they still need to wait, pending whether the new DBU coach will have safeties and CB’s or just CB’s

T-Rob as DB coach would be a strong hire. But, it can't hurt our CB recruiting cuz we at rock bottom...if you sign zero CBs you cant do any worse the following year.

We playing chess not checkers...

247 saying TRob to Florida, possibly as co-DC

Advertisement
Advertisement
Meanwhile, Rumph remains on staff and watching Surtain lift Defensive MVP trophy.

the people who have been right on stuff before are saying we will hear good news early next week. Not sure what is taking so long but as long as it happens that is ultimately what the program needs so it will be good news.

Florida cares more about winning than Miami which is sad. If we sit with our thumb up our a$$, we won’t land anyone of prominence from a coaching standpoint.

that is if we even make the necessary changes.
News of Lashlee's hiring broke on Jan. 3rd. 8 days after the bowl game. Pretty sure this whole narrative about sitting on our *** and costing us a hire was a thing last year too.

Day or two? Manny knew he'd need new defensive coaches since the UNC game. T-Rob has been fair game most of the season, he could have locked this all up weeks ago. Now, he may have waited to hire anyone until a new dc is brought in but we don't even know if that's happening or not. There are a lot of scenarios where you might wait but there are other scenarios where it would be dumb to wait...that's why I said "if" in my original post.

Once all the moves are made we'll have a better idea if Manny ****ed this up or not. If he doesn't bring in a new DC who gets to pick all of his position coaches, then I view this as a missed opportunity.

Advertisement
Back