COACHING FIRINGS

Advertisement
Stop JB or didn’t improve because of Patke. They were both doing what they’re doing way before Patke. Patke had as much to do with Hedleys punting as he had with running his Tattoo shop.
Why wouldn't he get credit? Hedley was a mediocre juco punter and Jose was just an Okay G5 kicker before they came to Miami. Now both of them are among the 3 best at their positions in college football. I get everyone likes to bag on Patke for his defensive coaching but both Jose and Hedley have improved significantly since they started working with him.

Would you please look up the definition of that word before you use it again? That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

it means exactly what I think it means and exactly what Manny is a doing. Giving friends jobs who aren’t qualified.

you clearly don’t know what the word means.

Advertisement
The boosters/Board usually make the HC hires at every major power 5 program. I'm surprised Blake James was allowed to make one of the most important HC hires in the country by himself in one day without the Approval of the Board/Booster's but whatever you guys say.

You really don't know what in the **** you are talking about.

A head coach leaves/retires/is fired. The AD's first actions are usually notification (including the university president and BOT) and then a search firm is often retained. There are often multiple names, but the search COMMITTEE (with the AD having disproportionate influence) will interview the names and make related decisions.

What almost never happens is an AD then going to a BOT (and/or any of these boosters you keep yapping about) and saying "here are my five candidates, please tell me which one to hire".

If boosters EVER have any input, it is prior to the decision-making process. The boosters may say "We'll help you fund the buyout for Candidate X if you hire him". Or maybe there is an obvious candidate, often someone with prior ties to the school, or a "can't miss name" like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban.

But, ultimately, the DECISION on who to hire is with the AD and the search committee. The BOT is there for final authorization (and very rarely, a veto). This is the reason why the buyout, the interview, the extension of an offer, and the signing of a contract do NOT all happen at the exact same time. Things take time to get done, and most frequently the HIRE of a new head coach is done with a letter of intent, and not a full-fledged, final, and BOT-approved contract.

The point is, you made a very definitive specific statement on Blake and the hiring of Manny, and when people called you out on it, you started defending yourself with general comments about "boosters/board at every major power 5 program".

Nope. You don't get to make a factually incorrect statement about UM's actions and then try to claim some generalized knowledge of what other programs do or don't do.

it means exactly what I think it means and exactly what Manny is a doing. Giving friends jobs who aren’t qualified.

you clearly don’t know what the word means.

You don't know what you are talking about. You just don't. You continue to double down on that.

Everyone on our staff is qualified for the jobs they were offered. The issue of job performance since they have been hired is a completely separate one, and several should be fired.

But this is not nepotism. Mike Rumph is not a friend of Manny's and he was qualified for the job. Rumph has just done a poor job and will soon be fired.

You really don't know what in the **** you are talking about.

A head coach leaves/retires/is fired. The AD's first actions are usually notification (including the university president and BOT) and then a search firm is often retained. There are often multiple names, but the search COMMITTEE (with the AD having disproportionate influence) will interview the names and make related decisions.

What almost never happens is an AD then going to a BOT (and/or any of these boosters you keep yapping about) and saying "here are my five candidates, please tell me which one to hire".

If boosters EVER have any input, it is prior to the decision-making process. The boosters may say "We'll help you fund the buyout for Candidate X if you hire him". Or maybe there is an obvious candidate, often someone with prior ties to the school, or a "can't miss name" like Urban Meyer or Nick Saban.

But, ultimately, the DECISION on who to hire is with the AD and the search committee. The BOT is there for final authorization (and very rarely, a veto). This is the reason why the buyout, the interview, the extension of an offer, and the signing of a contract do NOT all happen at the exact same time. Things take time to get done, and most frequently the HIRE of a new head coach is done with a letter of intent, and not a full-fledged, final, and BOT-approved contract.

The point is, you made a very definitive specific statement on Blake and the hiring of Manny, and when people called you out on it, you started defending yourself with general comments about "boosters/board at every major power 5 program".

Nope. You don't get to make a factually incorrect statement about UM's actions and then try to claim some generalized knowledge of what other programs do or don't do.
Do you work for UM or something? How do you know interworkings of Miami hiring process and who does what? Also when I mentioned boosters I'm referring to the mega donors of the program who actually have input, it's their money whose footing a lot of the bill.

Advertisement
Why wouldn't he get credit? Hedley was a mediocre juco punter and Jose was just an Okay G5 kicker before they came to Miami. Now both of them are among the 3 best at their positions in college football. I get everyone likes to bag on Patke for his defensive coaching but both Jose and Hedley have improved significantly since they started working with him.
Jesus Christ

You don't know what you are talking about. You just don't. You continue to double down on that.

Everyone on our staff is qualified for the jobs they were offered. The issue of job performance since they have been hired is a completely separate one, and several should be fired.

But this is not nepotism. Mike Rumph is not a friend of Manny's and he was qualified for the job. Rumph has just done a poor job and will soon be fired.

Banda is a friend. Banda was a phucking bartender for Christ sake. He isn’t qualified. Baker is a friend. He has zero experience in P5 he isn’t qualified. I don’t give a **** about Rumph I’m not even talking about him.

Also a highschool coach isn’t qualified for his first job to be at Miami

Banda is a friend. Banda was a phucking bartender for Christ sake. He isn’t qualified. Baker is a friend. He has zero experience in P5 he isn’t qualified. I don’t give a **** about Rumph I’m not even talking about him.
It's incredible how much of a moron you are. Diaz isn't 'friends' with any of these guys. Stop conjuring up the narrative because it simply isn't true. He retained a defensive staff that had just been 18th in Total D in 2018 and was still going to fire his DB coach and was forced to promote Stroud into the DL coach role because Simpson left for the NFL right before spring practice. He brought in a DC who had familiarity running his style of defense that had overlapped with him for a grand total of one season at Louisiana Tech. Most here liked the hire from what I recall.

It's January 1st. We played on December 29th and it's highly unlikely that the coaches have even been in the building. He wasn't going to fire anyone over the weekend given the holiday. Have a little common sense for once.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@NicKane dumb is your opinion. I'm sure you have zero ability to google the actual recovery time or the ability to ask someone who does these surgeries daily on athletes. Depending on the severity of the tear its 6-9 months of rehab. If you can't tell by Kings work ethic that he will do everything to be back before Aug then I'm not sure you have been watching.
I’m a physical therapist dip****, this is what I do for a living! Believe what you want sporto, interesting how it took world class athlete Clay Thompson over a year of rehab and because he was still probably compensating on it, tore his Achilles in his other leg. But go ahead if want to believe king will be ready for the beginning of the season. Smh Set yourself up for a let down if you want, no skin of my back. Lol

It's incredible how much of a moron you are. Diaz isn't 'friends' with any of these guys. Stop conjuring up the narrative because it simply isn't true. He retained a defensive staff that had just been 18th in Total D in 2018 and was still going to fire his DB coach until Rumph .He brought in a DC who had familiarity running his style of defense that had overlapped with him for a grand total of one season at Louisiana Tech.

It's January 1st. We played on December 29th and it's highly unlikely that the coaches have even been in the building. He wasn't going to fire anyone over the weekend given the holiday. Have a little common sense for once.

Banda has been around/with Manny for over 6 years. They are friends

Jose was an UNKNOWN G5 kicker before he got here but he was doing at FIU what he did here. Only reason Hedley was at a JUCO was because and I’m sure you know this but they don’t play American Football in Australia. There’s a dude down there that has a kicking showcase for former rugby players who have NO game experience to get them an opportunity to come play college football in the States and hopefully NFL. Hedley being an older dude that had been out of school for awhile needed JUCO. A lot of the guys that come this route go through JUCO. He played 1 year in JUCO and redshirted his following year to work with a personal punting coach. He was not a mediocre JUCO player and since he got here he’s been balling.

Now to be clear, very few Special Teams coordinators without previous kicking experience have very little to do with the success or failure of their kickers performance. So I wouldn’t be criticizing Patke if JB was missing kicks and Hedley was shanking punts. All of these guys work with personal kicking coaches to improve their craft.

Advertisement
Still Waiting GIFs | Tenor

Both of those

These coaches are better than Manny, by far. U acting like these guys have been sleeping for 20 years. They have better experience recently than Diaz
Lol if you think that “being better than Manny” is the rubric that a potential coaching hire should be graded on then we see this program through two completely different lenses.

Advertisement
Back