COACHING FIRINGS

Dudes prob a HC in a year
Agreed but even if he’s not, he won’t leave Fickle’s staff to work for Manny. Fickle is gonna have a big time P5 job soon and he can just follow him there if he doesn’t stay for the HC job at Cincy.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. You’re on a football gossip board *****ing about gossip. Jess Simpson was a competent coach so it’s unsurprising he didn’t fit in with the mayor and his happy hour cronny staff.

Oh, I get it fūckface, I’m not supposed to voice my opinion. EAD. That’ll never happen as long as I’m here.

Advertisement
We seriously have people on here defending Patke? Why? Because he’s done a decent job in one of the many things he’s tasked with doing?

Our KO blocking is routinely non existent. I can’t remember the last time we’ve had decent blocking that allows our KR the chance to get past the 20 yard line. We’ve yet to identify or develop a single dude that can reliably catch a punt. We’re probably the only program in college football that can say that.

If needing to be stripped of half of your coaching duties is a good job then Patke has been stellar and is our HC in waiting
Not sure how big of a part he has with the LBs but are Kicking and Punting game was elite this season.

We seriously have people on here defending Patke? Why? Because he’s done a decent job in one of the many things he’s tasked with doing?

Our KO blocking is routinely non existent. I can’t remember the last time we’ve had decent blocking that allows our KR the chance to get past the 20 yard line. We’ve yet to identify or develop a single dude that can reliably catch a punt. We’re probably the only program in college football that can say that.

If needing to be stripped of half of your coaching duties is a good job then Patke has been stellar and is our HC in waiting
It’s baffling to me how the dude gets credit for “improved special teams”. As if he has anything to do with JB making FG’s and Hendley punting. I’m sure he and I can bring the same valuable coaching advice to our kickers....”Just kick the ball hard”

It’s baffling to me how the dude gets credit for “improved special teams”. As if he has anything to do with JB making FG’s and Hendley punting. I’m sure he and I can bring the same valuable coaching advice to our kickers....”Just kick the ball hard”
“A kid playing for FIU that needed to raise his profile to make it to the pros went across the street to Miami and continued doing what he was doing for FIU.... couldn’t have done it without Patke!!!”

Chudzinski is on BC staff doing back room role. That's a man with NFL HC experience and was a great OC for Butch. We don't have to break the bank to get a proper HC and i would take Monkey ears from Rutgers. Maybe hiring people that have seen it done and have some success away from Miami is not the worse thing, i mean we tried the inexperience learning on the job and the mid major up and coming.

Advertisement
Didn't they also a day or 2 earlier spend 1M hiring a firm to help with the coaching search.We don't have money but threw away 5M like it was pennies.

No coaching search firm has ever been paid anywhere close to a million dollars.

Advertisement
Chudzinski is on BC staff doing back room role. That's a man with NFL HC experience and was a great OC for Butch. We don't have to break the bank to get a proper HC and i would take Monkey ears from Rutgers. Maybe hiring people that have seen it done and have some success away from Miami is not the worse thing, i mean we tried the inexperience learning on the job and the mid major up and coming.
Jesus. Fire Manny to hire Chud or Schiano? What year are we in?

He got Jose as a 5th year transfer and Hedley was punting like this before he came to Miami. What exactly did Patke have to do with either of them?.
Jose Borregales last season at FIU 21-29
At Miami 20 of 22 and Kicker of the year finalist

Hedley Puting Average in 2018 38 Yards
Hedley in 2020 47.2 and Ray Guy Finalist

Both players have improved significantly while working with Patke

Advertisement
So this Blake snuck Manny in narrative - at least some portion of the BOT had to sign off, especially paying Temple a $4m. buyout.

It may be that a couple of BOT members were thinking or talking about Mario - I do not know at this time - but their duly anointed representatives approved it.

This is the thing. Blake might suck but he’s been enabled and signed off on.

Without knowing the actual facts, it is POSSIBLE that approval of a "buyout" is an action that the AD can do without BOT approval, while the actual hiring of a coach (and that coach's employment contract) would require approval. There's also a difference between an oral agreement and an actual signed/approved contract. Remember when we heard how Taggart had never signed his F$U contract?

Bottom line, it is possible that Blake authorized the buyout of Diaz, and the entire Manny process was far enough along, that the UM BOT did not want to risk a Diaz tampering disaster just to stay on the Mario train.

But you are correct, the BOT ultimately had to approve the Manny deal.

This, literally, is not true.

You're entitled to your own opinions, biases, and delusions, but your attempt at a factual statement is simply not true.
The boosters/Board usually make the HC hires at every major power 5 program. I'm surprised Blake James was allowed to make one of the most important HC hires in the country by himself in one day without the Approval of the Board/Booster's but whatever you guys say.

What has Patke done for the return game?
Nothing Much GIF

Advertisement
Back