COACHING FIRINGS

It's not a year rehab... I've been watching football for 20 years and I've seen numerous ACL tears return In that 8-9 Month period. 8 months would be Sept 1, Alabama is a long shot but Saturday Sept 18th vs Michigan State is a possibility.
You're arguing with a moron. Just put the asshat on mute.

Advertisement
If you’re talking about what I said about Jess Simpson it’s not vague or gossip. I knew of Jess before Miami because I recruited Buford for 2 years while he was there. I recruited Georgia in general so I talked to them on a daily basis.

But Jess not liking his situation at Miami came from one of his close friends Keith Maloof at Norcross. He and his brother Kevin are basically Georgia HS football royalty. I played 4 years of showcase ball with his son Tanner and then played against each other in college and stayed in touch up until the last year or so.

Went as far as saying that Jess was in his office when he was in the area recruiting and they had about a 2 hour talk about all of the problems and how he was unhappy. Philosophically he didn’t align and he just had less authority in the defensive team meeting than the group of Manny, Patke, and Banda. It’s not really ground breaking stuff. He was a Richt hire that Manny had little to no say so in. As soon as Richt stepped down and he didn’t get the DC job - he was looking for something else.
Thanks for the insight. Shame, because under Simpson the DL was technically sound with measurable growth. Guy would be perfect to work with the talent currently in the room.

Advertisement
If you’re talking about what I said about Jess Simpson it’s not vague or gossip. I knew of Jess before Miami because I recruited Buford for 2 years while he was there. I recruited Georgia in general so I talked to them on a daily basis.

But Jess not liking his situation at Miami came from one of his close friends Keith Maloof at Norcross. He and his brother Kevin are basically Georgia HS football royalty. I played 4 years of showcase ball with his son Tanner and then played against each other in college and stayed in touch up until the last year or so.

Went as far as saying that Jess was in his office when he was in the area recruiting and they had about a 2 hour talk about all of the problems and how he was unhappy. Philosophically he didn’t align and he just had less authority in the defensive team meeting than the group of Manny, Patke, and Banda. It’s not really ground breaking stuff. He was a Richt hire that Manny had little to no say so in. As soon as Richt stepped down and he didn’t get the DC job - he was looking for something else.

Even though you sound legit, that’s still second hand, at best, information, but I’ll take your word for it. He wanted the DC job with no experience? No wonder he was ****ed off.

He always seemed like one of thise guys to me, and I’ve known plenty, that take a job in south Florida and hate it the whole time they’re here. No matter who their boss is. They just don’t like the area. Too different from where they’re from.

Also, you’re basically saying he was bitter and disgruntled. I’m sure that will really help Jess Simpson find a job after he gets fired this season. Hopefully he keeps that in check and stops blabbing about it so he can get another job.

Anyway, I have no personal animus towards him, but he’s not a cane, sounds like he will never be a cane no matter who the coach is, so as long as he’s not a cane, he’s dead to me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is there any smoke with Simpson returning or are we just reminiscing (not that there Is anything wrong with that)?

It went to 2 guys with less experience than him

I don’t think he was expecting it but if he got that job, Banda and Patke wouldn’t have been on his staff.

Ridiculous. That was a one day job that wasn’t going to last. He wanted a one day appointment as DC with less college experience than anyone on the staff?

Advertisement
Ridiculous. That was a one day job that wasn’t going to last. He wanted a one day appointment as DC with less college experience than anyone on the staff?
He didn’t know Richt was leaving. In hindsight, he’s probably glad he didn’t get it for that reason.

I would also say that he would be a good defensive coordinator. Optically, it would suck and this board would be unbearable if it happened but he would have changed minds very quickly. If he doesn’t hang around in Atlanta I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in college and move up the chain to DC somewhere pretty quickly.

He would also have a lot of respected guys that would jump to work with him. He’s got relationships with more top notch coaches from his years at Buford than almost anyone in America. Mostly SEC assistants

Advertisement
If Jess wasn’t even considered why would that change when Manny came back?
What do you mean? He knew he wasn’t considered when Manny came back. It was from when Richt made the “promotion”. Obviously when manny was hired it may not have stuck either way.

He began looking for another job then but was a carryover on Manny’s staff until he got one with the Falcons.

He didn’t know Richt was leaving. In hindsight, he’s probably glad he didn’t get it for that reason.

I would also say that he would be a good defensive coordinator. Optically, it would suck and this board would be unbearable if it happened but he would have changed minds very quickly. If he doesn’t hang around in Atlanta I wouldn’t be surprised to see him back in college and move up the chain to DC somewhere pretty quickly.

He would also have a lot of respected guys that would jump to work with him. He’s got relationships with more top notch coaches from his years at Buford than almost anyone in America. Mostly SEC assistants

Who knows, but your endorsement isn’t getting him hired and that is not a slam at you, but he literally has nothing that anybody would be satisfied with anywhere, especially on this board, as a defensive coordinator. Just no experience.

If he doesn’t hang around in Atlanta?

Atlanta? Everyone is getting fired. I’d bet on a complete housecleaning.

What do you mean? He knew he wasn’t considered when Manny came back. It was from when Richt made the “promotion”. Obviously when manny was hired it may not have stuck either way.

He began looking for another job then but was a carryover on Manny’s staff until he got one with the Falcons.
Richt thought more highly of Banda and Patke to offer them dc than Jess?

Advertisement
Back