COACHING FIRINGS

How does the guy keep his job aftet something like that?
He went through almost 5 years of Golden without forcing his hand to fire D’Onofrio and 3 years of Richt and not forcing him to hire an OC.

He knows if this goes downhill with Manny... he’s going with it. That’s why he’s kind of pressing and giving Manny what he needs to get it fixed.

Advertisement
They definitely hired a firm because I remember Blake giving some bull**** speech about an exhaustive search and then they hired Manny right after his speech.
Well Blake probably got exausted talking all that BS...I’ve always been curious to know what he got promised and by whom to hire Manny cause I can’t believe he is stupid enough,even though he Is pretty stupid,to splash around and come up with the name of a 2-3 time fired DC that it will cost 4 mil to hire all by himself.

gotta believe somebody ,Manny Sr ?, paid a kings ransom to get him hired..had to be

So this Blake snuck Manny in narrative - at least some portion of the BOT had to sign off, especially paying Temple a $4m. buyout.

It may be that a couple of BOT members were thinking or talking about Mario - I do not know at this time - but their duly anointed representatives approved it.

This is the thing. Blake might suck but he’s been enabled and signed off on.

The BOT can't really influence Blake the way a University President can. Bake plays nice to placate them and they have some input, but respect is paid to boundaries at the end of the day. Accountability for our current state of athletics ultimately falls on Frenk, and if he gave a half a **** things would be different.

Last edited:
He went through almost 5 years of Golden without forcing his hand to fire D’Onofrio and 3 years of Richt and not forcing him to hire an OC.

He knows if this goes downhill with Manny... he’s going with it. That’s why he’s kind of pressing and giving Manny what he needs to get it fixed.
He’s going to do everything necessary to help manny prove that he didn’t completely f this up.

Great article below on how the "right" coach isn't always a splashy new hire with a familiar name. I didn't want Muschamp or Strong or T-Rob. I want somebody that can develop talent and instill strong fundamentals within an aggressive scheme. I don't give krap if they are currently coaching at the D3 level or in high school.

Advertisement
So this site is just 'Skillydoo Insight' with the occasional article from Stefan and Cribby Post as far as you are concerned, I take it? Cause that's a whole lot of ignoring you'd have to do.
Sorry, did you think there were a bunch of people here with behind the scenes insider information? LOL

Great article below on how the "right" coach isn't always a splashy new hire with a familiar name. I didn't want Muschamp or Strong or T-Rob. I want somebody that can develop talent and instill strong fundamentals within an aggressive scheme. I don't give krap if they are currently coaching at the D3 level or in high school.

Unlike u I want a proven guy I’ll take either of Muschamp or strong. We need a proven DC and Alpha at that to make our players more like men our guys are soft as boys rn

I've asked that guy to stop commenting on my posts several times. I have literally not commented on anything he ever posts, yet he seaks me out constantly to say some negative hateful bs. I would definitely block him if I could but this site won't let you block people which is Crazy with all the arguments and fighting that goes on here.

Mouse over the person's screen name. A window should appear with a button that says "Ignore." Click on that to block that person.

Advertisement
Well I’ll just go ahead and tell you... forget next season because Blake isn’t going anywhere
fat gift card GIF

Unlike u I want a proven guy I’ll take either of Muschamp or strong. We need a proven DC and Alpha at that to make our players more like men our guys are soft as boys rn
Being an "up and comer" and having the ability to instill grit and toughness are not mutually exclusive.

I'd argue that "proven" big name coordinators have less to "prove" than a young and hungry coach looking to establish himself at the P5 level with a marquee program.

Advertisement
Mason runs a complex 3-4. He’s worked with players at Stanford and Vandy. I don’t think he’s a fit here and probably wouldn’t get much success with what we have . The local girl’s soccer team would be excited though
Mason has shifted out of 3-4 to counter spread offenses. Did that last year.

Advertisement
Being an "up and comer" and having the ability to instill grit and toughness are not mutually exclusive.

I'd argue that "proven" big name coordinators have less to "prove" than a young and hungry coach looking to establish himself at the P5 level with a marquee program

I'd argue that "proven" big name coordinators have less to "prove" than a young and hungry coach looking to establish himself at the P5 level with a marquee program.
I mean Baker was a young and hungry up and comer really worked out well

Advertisement
Back