COACHING FIRINGS

Funny enough wasn't it NYEve when he fired all of Richt's staff?

I think the priority today is getting D'Eriq evaluated and getting the team back to campus and on their way back home, for those that travel. I also believe some of the changes have already been worked out behind the scenes. Those aren't surprises to the staff involved.
Coker fired his staff on Jan 1

Advertisement
whats even crazier is that because Richt retired without taking a dime, our BOT was ready to pony up the money to buyout Mario Cristobal and a proper set of coordinators. They were ready to spend over 10 million dollars to do so.

Yet Blake still hastily moves forward with Manny.
I’ll look into it when I can. I’m surprised that the BOT didn’t have to vote to approve the buyout and contract.

I’ll look into it when I can. I’m surprised that the BOT didn’t have to vote to approve the buyout and contract.
The board 100% had to vote on the contract. The question is which committee or the entire board. Usually for larger 501c3s (universities, health systems, national charities) there will be a compensation committee that has to approve these sorts of larger contracts to make sure they are following some nuanced rules and in case of IRS audit.

The board 100% had to vote on the contract. The question is which committee or the entire board. Usually for larger 501c3s (universities, health systems, national charities) there will be a compensation committee that has to approve these sorts of larger contracts to make sure they are following some nuanced rules and in case of IRS audit.
So this Blake snuck Manny in narrative - at least some portion of the BOT had to sign off, especially paying Temple a $4m. buyout.

It may be that a couple of BOT members were thinking or talking about Mario - I do not know at this time - but their duly anointed representatives approved it.

This is the thing. Blake might suck but he’s been enabled and signed off on.

My sources tell me your story is just a story and not true, but my heart hopes its true.

Would not trust sources who couldn't even tell you if it was a plane or bus taking them back. But for the record, I would suspect it was a bus.

Advertisement
Nobody wants to believe it , it doesn’t matter how much you say it. I just gave up.
They have been beaten down and fallen into depression by their own fandom haha. Hard to believe sometimes that the things that should/need to happen will actually happen... I still can't fully believe we actually fired Enos after 1 year.

ignore is a great function. Never see any of the krazy **** being posted.
So this site is just 'Skillydoo Insight' with the occasional article from Stefan and Cribby Post as far as you are concerned, I take it? Cause that's a whole lot of ignoring you'd have to do.

Advertisement
At least with Cristobal, this team wouldn't be soft as baby ****. Is he an elite coach **** no, but he'd have the same recruiting class (if not slightly better) than Manuelita, and we'd be more physical.
It's about culture. Mario is not a great game day coach and he isnt going to out smart the opponent but his teams play with passion and display toughness. That stems from the head coach and the culture he establishes within the program.

It's about culture. Mario is not a great game day coach and he isnt going to out smart the opponent but his teams play with passion and display toughness. That stems from the head coach and the culture he establishes within the program.

Yep. Cristobal will instill a culture of toughness and discipline in his kids. He might not be the best Xs and Os guys, but his teams play hard and knock you in the mouth.

Reading the tea leaves in here:

1. Rumph let go
2. Banda to USU
3. Stroud goes back to off the field role
4. New DB coach
5. New DC
6. New DL coach
7. Baker demoted to LB coach
8. Patke to full-time special teams coach
Those weren't teal leaves, they were mushrooms.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep. Cristobal will instill a culture of toughness and discipline in his kids. He might not be the best Xs and Os guys, but his teams play hard and knock you in the mouth.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

So this Blake snuck Manny in narrative - at least some portion of the BOT had to sign off, especially paying Temple a $4m. buyout.

It may be that a couple of BOT members we’re thinking or talking about Mario - I do not know at this time - but their duly anointed representatives approved it.

This is the thing. Blake night suck but he’s been enabled and signed off on.
Correct. 99.99999% they had some form of a committee consisting of board members approve this. With that said, 1) it likely could have been different from the athletic committee who would have been the people pursuing Cristobal and 2) the way the school is set up it could just be a rubber stamp and deference to BJ’s decision. But I can tell you that my boss from when I was in Big 4 used to sit in on coaches hirings and firings at schools.

Advertisement
Back