COACHING FIRINGS

I've asked that guy to stop commenting on my posts several times. I have literally not commented on anything he ever posts, yet he seaks me out constantly to say some negative hateful bs. I would definitely block him if I could but this site won't let you block people which is Crazy with all the arguments and fighting that goes on here.
Use the ignore button like all the other chumps on here...

Advertisement
At least with Cristobal, this team wouldn't be soft as baby ****. Is he an elite coach **** no, but he'd have the same recruiting class (if not slightly better) than Manuelita, and we'd be more physical.
We'd have a top 5 class, he can recruit his *** off. The o-line would get fixed too(Justice seems legit though) and he obviously hires way better assistants.

Edit: there's also no way he'd play Wiggins, Pope, McCloud, etc.

The BOT guy who gets the blame, and rightfully so in many ways, as head of athletics, Epstein, was out of town when Blake did this too. Not saying he shouldn't get some blame, because he should but he has gotten killed over this and it is wrong, Blake acted as a 1 man crew on this one. Blame Epstein for hiring Richt if you want, which is the case, but can't blame him for Manny, although he schills for him on the Tweeter, barf.
Eh. The board still had to approve the contract. They are not absolved from blame.

Forget Mario you guys - think bigger picture. We were handed a once in a lifetime opportunity where a coach stepped down with class and didn’t ask for a dime. That saved the university millions of dollars. I hope people understand that - what Richt did would not happen 99% of the time.

we were willing to spend upwards of $10 million on a new staff - think of the names we could’ve attracted with that kind of cash. Instead, Blake decided to not even entertain candidates or do any interviews, he just went with Manny.

He needs to be fired right along with Manny if this doesn’t work out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Since its officially D-day, do we have any updates particularly the defensive side of the ball

anyway back to the original question. I’ve posted this is another thread but I’ve been told by a credible person to expect at least 2 changes on the defensive coaching side of the ball, and they did not rule out more. The hold up is that right now they are still talking to other candidates and plan to do interviews as more as other coordinators and coaches get fired from other schools.

expect finality and announcements in the next week or two is what I’ve been told.

anyway back to the original question. I’ve posted this is another thread but I’ve been told by a credible person to expect at least 2 changes on the defensive coaching side of the ball, and they did not rule out more. The hold up is that right now they are still talking to other candidates and plan to do interviews as more as other coordinators and coaches get fired from other schools.

expect finality and announcements in the next week or two is what I’ve been told.
That sounds like Rumph and Banda to me. Imo they need to clean house on defense, no one can survive.

Advertisement
Forget Mario you guys - think bigger picture. We were handed a once in a lifetime opportunity where a coach stepped down with class and didn’t ask for a dime. That saved the university millions of dollars. I hope people understand that - what Richt did would not happen 99% of the time.

we were willing to spend upwards of $10 million on a new staff - think of the names we could’ve attracted with that kind of cash. Instead, Blake decided to not even entertain candidates or do any interviews, he just went with Manny.

He needs to be fired right along with Manny if this doesn’t work out.

Isn't that quietly where it is right now? His job riding on Manny making it work? I guess that was my take away from the whole BOT-Alonzo Highsmith debacle....

Advertisement
I believe the team is getting back to
In all seriousness, I think these guys don't understand that aside from a few calls and emails, not much takes place these next few days. I'd look for first news Jan. 2, and not likely till Jan. 4.

I thought on the broadcast they said King would be evaluated tomorrow (today) afternoon when they return to Miami. So I think your timeline is pretty accurate since they are just getting back now-ish, I can't see Diaz pulling the trigger on NYE or NYD. If he does, I would consider that a positive.

Advertisement
My sources are telling me that Miami defensive coordinator Blake Baker was not allowed on the team plane returning to Miami, ala Lane Kiffin after his dismissal at USC. Or maybe it was the team bus. In a related matter, neither junior wideout Dee Wiggins nor junior Mark Pope were allowed to travel with the club per team vote, until Coach Manny Diaz relented, allowing both on the plane/bus. Diaz was then seen continuously dapping both of the struggling reveivers. This type of humanitarian gesture has been a hallmark of the Diaz tenure at Miami.
My sources tell me your story is just a story and not true, but my heart hopes its true.

I believe the team is getting back to

I thought on the broadcast they said King would be evaluated tomorrow (today) afternoon when they return to Miami. So I think your timeline is pretty accurate since they are just getting back now-ish, I can't see Diaz pulling the trigger on NYE or NYD. If he does, I would consider that a positive.
Funny enough wasn't it NYEve when he fired all of Richt's staff?

I think the priority today is getting D'Eriq evaluated and getting the team back to campus and on their way back home, for those that travel. I also believe some of the changes have already been worked out behind the scenes. Those aren't surprises to the staff involved.

Regardless Manny is who we have right now and that's not changing for awhile. He's going to have a ton of talent in 2021/22 and should be able to scrape together 9 wins a season to not get fired. The only question is does he want more then that? Will he just settle with blake baker as DC and go fire Rumph to say he made changes then barely put together a Top 35 defense with James Williams, T2, Leonard Taylor, Bolden, Hall, Smith, Tae, Blades,Nesta, Harvey, Chantz and etc. Is Manny fine with settling or does he want more??

Advertisement
Back