COACHING FIRINGS

WTF worth a sHT is gonna come in and be a CO-DC with Baker? If that’s the route Manny is fixing to take then who do you guys in the know ( Cribby and JayCane20 ) think might be that person? Some lower level DC on the rise ? A P5 guy that just got fired for not doing their job at wherever he’s coming from?

This just doesn’t seem like something that is gonna get us some top level DC...If your going to have to pay TWO people then take those TWO salaries make them into ONE good one and go get a top notch one that can fix things immediately.

if ever something sounded like a band aid fix this might be it.Good news Manny will get himself fired over this BS so I guess that’s the bright side.
But you said it: you'd be combining Banda and Rumph's salary for one position - a new co DC. My guess is he would be the REAL playcaller and Baker just have the title to retain his salary. I doubt Baker makes near the top of the DC salary chain.

Advertisement
Maybe for the guy getting demoted but I’m more worried about getting this cluster**** of a defense fixed ALOT more than Blake Bakers feelings.

He had his chance and he failed miserably.Someone else’s turn to see what they can do Bakers feelings be damned.

Which is why he needs to be banned from the university. He’s DC and Lbers coach. Both sucked. Fire him

Advertisement
The bottom line is this program always manages to make it harder on themselves than is necessary.
We don't have a real HC... Diaz will only be as good as his Cordinators. I'm hoping he will learn to become a real HC with more and more experience but who knows

Baker taking a demotion to LB coach and co-dc without playcalling duties would be something I haven’t considered happening.

If that was me though.. I’d just say fire me. Career suicide in the coaching profession is willingly taking a demotion and hanging around. You’re more likely to rebound being fired.
Maybe the option he gets, he won’t like and move on. Best scenario for both parties.

I think most coaches would rather be let go than demoted. Everybody gets fired it’s the nature of the job. He’d get another one at some random school
I’d think that would be his decision then if the position and title doesn’t suit him.

maybe that’s what Manny is hoping for.It gets him off the hook from actually having to fire him..🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
He called plays for 4 years at SC and learned Under Muschamp. He just had a rough year in 2019 but he's had success. Regardless your not going to find a quality Vet play caller to come in and become a Co DC with Baker... T-Rob would probably be our Best option with something like that
I'm an SCar alum. We don't want him calling plays.

Advertisement
I'll say this - if Baker is retained, Manny will not have a job in 2022 as a HC at Miami, especially if King is not back.
2022 is the szn after next if my calendar is correct?? Sooo your prediction is us to really under perform 2021? I don’t see that happening

Advertisement
Can we please stop with the assumption that Baker and Manny are tied together at the hip? They overlapped for one year at Louisiana Tech and Baker was a GA at Texas when Manny was a DC there. Let's stop pretending that these guys have all of their holiday meals together.
Amen. repeat it again, Amen.

Advertisement
Back