COACHING FIRINGS

I know last year he wasn’t blown away by bakers play calling , that’s a fact. Me knowing that I’d say if he’s not fired I could see giving up play calling to a vet dc. Also changing some things schematically. The d room will look different.
Will the defensive backfield look different? In particular the coaching office. To be more specific Rumph.

Advertisement
Unless the game last night changed Manny’s mind and I highly doubt it anyway.

They basically had a conversation after UNC that they’re going to tweak a few things and get some input from a new co-dc that will coach in the secondary.

this is similar to what I’ve been hearing - will be a couple of changes to defensive staff, but didn’t sound like wholesale changes.

I also heard that this in all subject to change because they are actively talking to candidates and seeing whose available, so if the right candidates emerge then who knows

Advertisement
I know last year he wasn’t blown away by bakers play calling , that’s a fact. Me knowing that I’d say if he’s not fired I could see giving up play calling to a vet dc. Also changing some things schematically. The d room will look different.

I hope schematic changes also includes the end of the striker position.

WTF worth a sHT is gonna come in and be a CO-DC with Baker? If that’s the route Manny is fixing to take then who do you guys in the know ( Cribby and JayCane20 ) think might be that person? Some lower level DC on the rise ? A P5 guy that just got fired for not doing their job at wherever he’s coming from?

This just doesn’t seem like something that is gonna get us some top level DC...If your going to have to pay TWO people then take those TWO salaries make them into ONE good one and go get a top notch one that can fix things immediately.

if ever something sounded like a band aid fix this might be it.Good news Manny will get himself fired over this BS so I guess that’s the bright side.

Advertisement
Would a guy like T Rob be willing to take a co-dc role and coach secondary to come back home? He certainly will be able to bring in more talent in the back field. Would you guys be good with keeping Baker under that scenario?

Banda leaving, Rumph fired, heard Stroud retiring to an off-field role unless Manny needs him to come back. Not sure Baker helped or hurt himself tonight - pretty status quo. Good drives here and there hindered by a terrible start.

Think Baker and Patke stay and you get a new co-dc with more input than Banda had (Banda’s input was the same thing Baker already knew) so it could be beneficial but not enough.
I think Patke bolts with Banda, and Baker is given his walking papers for a complete re-build of the defensive staff. Manny did it with the offense when he came in. Hopefully, he does it with the defense or he won’t be here very long.... All the yes men need to go!

I think Patke bolts with Banda, and Baker is given his walking papers for a complete re-build of the defensive staff. Manny did it with the offense when he came in. Hopefully, he does it with the defense or he won’t be here very long.... All the yes men need to go!
Patke isn’t going with Banda.

Advertisement
WTF worth a sHT is gonna come in and be a CO-DC with Baker? If that’s the route Manny is fixing to take then who do you guys in the know ( Cribby and JayCane20 ) think might be that person? Some lower level DC on the rise ? A P5 guy that just got fired for not doing their job at wherever he’s coming from?

This just doesn’t seem like something that is gonna get us some top level DC...If your going to have to pay TWO people then take those TWO salaries make them into ONE good one and go get a top notch one that can fix things immediately.

if ever something sounded like a band aid fix this might be it.Good news Manny will get himself fired over this BS so I guess that’s the bright side.
T-Rob from South Carolina. Co DC/DB Coach

There is absolutely no benefit in keeping Baker. He can’t coach, recruit, or develop. What’s the point of him giving up the play calling? Just clean house on D and bring an established DC with a good staff to support him ... like we did on offense. It’s literally right in Manny’s face, if he can’t see that he needs to go himself.

Advertisement
T-Rob would make sense if Manny wanted to go the Co-DC route but you are putting a band-aid on a broken leg (although our DB's and recruiting would be greatly improved). As an aside, assuming Stroud moves back into an off-field role, I wonder if Jess Simpson would come back given the Falcons coaching changes.

I like this scenario a whoooooole lot better than the other one posted in here even though this IS Miami so the worst case scenario will probably be the one that prevails

Advertisement
Back