COACHING FIRINGS

Advertisement
Let's assume King is out for the 2021 season. In turn, this eliminates the excuse of the offense carrying the defense because, without King, we're probably not scoring more than 30 ppg (just being real here). You can laud Perry all you want for last night, and I mean no disrespect, but everyone knows his ceiling. If we're being real, Ok St probably did not gameplan for him at all.

Anywho, the defense MUST see a vast improvement if we are to contend for the Coastal, which leads me to believe one of two things happen here.

1) The defense does, in fact, undergo a significant improvement, which should lead us to at worst a two/three-loss season. Add in another stud recruiting class, and you're laying a nice foundation down.

2) There is minimal or no improvement on defense, and we allow close to 35+ ppg. This team finishes 6-6 at best, Manny should* be fired and we start all over again.

I'd say there's an 85% that if the foundation of the defensive scheme stays the same, the latter will occur. Manny's two seasons at the helm have each produced two of the most embarrassing results in the history of Miami football - FIU and UNC. Three strikes and you're out.

Patke in his current role is not a problem unless he can’t find or coach someone to catch a punt.

Patke actually sounds like a smart dude, just plain and not sure about the extent of his recruiting prowess. Plus Frierson was arguably the most improved / essential component of our defense this season.

Advertisement
I think Mike Harley needs to figure it out. You can’t play in the NFL at 5’9-5’10 if you can’t return a punt and you’re not a very good slot receiver. He’s a solid slot that can’t field a punt. There’s not a roster spot for him

yeah I’ve always said he won’t even make a practice squad. At this point does he come back to try and be a record book holder at Miami and leave a legacy or does he go to play in the CFL/get a job in the real world. NFL ain’t ever happening for him.

Patke actually sounds like a smart dude, just plain and not sure about the extent of his recruiting prowess. Plus Frierson was arguably the most improved / essential component of our defense this season.

I’m ready to see someone take Keontras snaps. He hasn’t developed very well and looks lost a lot of times. Maybe Chase Smith or someone else can challenge for those snaps behind frierson.

Let's assume King is out for the 2021 season. In turn, this eliminates the excuse of the offense carrying the defense because, without King, we're probably not scoring more than 30 ppg (just being real here). You can laud Perry all you want for last night, and I mean no disrespect, but everyone knows his ceiling. If we're being real, Ok St probably did not gameplan for him at all.

Anywho, the defense MUST see a vast improvement if we are to contend for the Coastal, which leads me to believe one of two things happen here.

1) The defense does, in fact, undergo a significant improvement, which should lead us to at worst a two/three-loss season. Add in another stud recruiting class, and you're laying a nice foundation down.

2) There is minimal or no improvement on defense, and we allow close to 35+ ppg. This team finishes 6-6 at best, Manny should* be fired and we start all over again.

I'd say there's an 85% that if the foundation of the defensive scheme stays the same, the latter will occur. Manny's two seasons at the helm have each produced two of the most embarrassing results in the history of Miami football - FIU and UNC. Three strikes and you're out.

Agree with all this but King will be back.

Advertisement
I was told multiple changes right down to schematically. That was a couple weeks ago.

Does last night and the domino effect cause Manny to retrench and not make any changes? Or does this make him more likely to make changes on defense now that the offense is in question for next season?

Utah State has had their OC and DC lined up for weeks now and haven’t announced either one. Wish they’d go ahead and do it. Their OC is from UCF and they’ve been done for a bit now. Understand waiting on Banda. So they must be doing them together

Does last night and the domino effect cause Manny to retrench and not make any changes? Or does this make him more likely to make changes on defense now that the offense is in question for next season?
I know last year he wasn’t blown away by bakers play calling , that’s a fact. Me knowing that I’d say if he’s not fired I could see giving up play calling to a vet dc. Also changing some things schematically. The d room will look different.

manny wants to see the end of his head coaching career if he keeps baker for next year

bama is gonna drop **** near 70 if baker is here, do you understand that mr yes man manny? I know you read these forums, it's obvious so do you want your *** being remember for losing 70 to 17 to bama and immediately getting fired?
Manny wants to break the rushing and total yards records established by unc against bama.

Advertisement
Some in here. Go for a hike or a walk. It will be clear soon.

95A0DA40-9606-40BE-B27C-9458BA3AB7A5.gif

I know last year he wasn’t blown away by bakers play calling , that’s a fact. Me knowing that I’d say if he’s not fired I could see giving up play calling to a vet dc. Also changing some things schematically. The d room will look different.
Baker taking a demotion to LB coach and co-dc without playcalling duties would be something I haven’t considered happening.

If that was me though.. I’d just say fire me. Career suicide in the coaching profession is willingly taking a demotion and hanging around. You’re more likely to rebound being fired.

Advertisement

You think Baker could be kept and demoted to just a position coach, like lbs with a new DC? If there is going to be a schematic change seems like they are bringing new blood with a lot of input.

Baker taking a demotion to LB coach and co-dc without playcalling duties would be something I haven’t considered happening.

If that was me though.. I’d just say fire me. Career suicide in the coaching profession is willingly taking a demotion and hanging around. You’re more likely to rebound being fired.
If you need to do that to an employee, and considering the way our LBs have played, then he needs to sack up and fire him. There is absolutely zero justification for keeping him on staff other than personal relationships.
Everyone keeps saying Patke is a smart dude, yet I watched Harley return three kickoffs last night from the corner to the 20 or less when he could have called a fair catch to bring it to the 25. Patke looked good this year because they brought in Borregales and had Hedley, neither of which he had anything to do with the development of.

Advertisement
Back