Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey Woods was at Auburn with Lashlee when he first got there under Gene Chizik.

He was also the recruiting coordinator at Ark St when Gus Malzahn was HC there & Lashlee was his OC.

Then he went back to AU when Malzahn got the HC job there as a player personnel guy.

He & Lash are close & have worked together for years.

Hmmmmm...so I wonder if that at least leaves Likens to be our OC for the bowl game and maybe we could keep him with the new HC. I wouldn't hate it if he remained with us.

Advertisement
So many concerned about all the coaching vacancies. Did not see one name above the U should even consider.
That’s because I posted only the ones that hadn’t been really talked about as much.

The bigger name hires have already been discussed ad nauseaum.

That’s also not the point of this thread, this thread is just to keep up with the moving parts of all the coaching changes that are & will take place between now & the Spring.

Miami’s coaching change, is & has already been settled, it’s Mario & everyone knows that already lol

Likens rep as an OC is not very good.

He’s been an OC twice in his career & in both instances he got fired after one year because he wasn’t a good play caller at all. Both David Beaty at Kansas & Herm Edwards at ASU fired him for the same reason.

He’s a solid WR’s coach, very average to below average OC.
Which means that if Sr and Epstein are successful in their coup attempt that he will be Manny’s OC next year.... the horror

Is that a different Tim Beck at NMST than the NCST (formerly of Texas) Tim Beck?

No way he left NCST for New Mexico State right?

Advertisement
Man this list reads like Florida's west coast. Where coaching careers go to die.

I think Lashlee and Cumbie should be successful respectively but man, seeing vets like Jerry Kill, Jim Mora and Don Brown get gigs at places where you're pretty much guaranteed to lose all the time is rough.

As a WR’s coach maybe, as an OC he’d be a terrible hire for Miami.
Yeah, I meant that if he stays, he would keep coaching WR's. For the bowl game, we need someone and it seems like he's as good as anyone to prep the team and call plays, since he's been an OC in the past.

Who ever is our next head coach, I can’t wait to see the staff that is brought in. Alot has to happen and we have seen in the past that even if a coach has been recently hired, he can always change his mind.
Just hope we get it right!
Keep up the good work @Liberty City El , your subject knowledge is invaluable….

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is that a different Tim Beck at NMST than the NCST (formerly of Texas) Tim Beck?

No way he left NCST for New Mexico State right?
No, it’s the other Tim Beck lol

This Tim Beck was the long time coach at Pittsburgh State for 32 years, as a player, GA, assistant coach, DC, OC & then HC (yes he coached both sides of the ball lol) & spent the last 10 years as HC there.

Then Gary Patterson gave him his first P5 job ever in his career & hired him as an Analyst for TCU this year.

And now he’s gonna be Jerry Kill’s OC at NMS.

No, it’s the other Tim Beck lol

This Tim Beck was the long time coach at Pittsburgh State for 32 years, as a player, GA, assistant coach, DC, OC & then HC (yes he coached both sides of the ball lol) & spent the last 10 years as HC there.

Then Gary Patterson gave him his first P5 job ever in his career & hired him as an Analyst for TCU this year.

And now he’s gonna be Jerry Kill’s OC at NMS.

Didn’t think it looked like him in the pic but they almost favor a little bit when I was in doubt lol

Was thinking what a step down that was

Advertisement
Advertisement
If not, this place is gonna be a ****show.
Stranger things have happened lol

But I think we’re a little too deep into the volcano to not hit lava at this point.

I’ve been the most staunch & vocal poster against us hiring Mario & even I can see it’s pretty obvious he’s coming.

The only thing that can derail it is if he just simply doesn’t wanna leave Eugene & gets a record breaking extension.

Isn’t obvious by now?

Like do yall really think we’re not getting Mario??
my rational side says "no ****," but my battered cane syndrome side won't believe it until i see him at his intro presser. not that he's my first choice (i think he's a meh gameday coach) but at least it's a statement that the university is actually putting its money where its mouth is.

Stranger things have happened lol

But I think we’re a little too deep into the volcano to not hit lava at this point.

I’ve been the most staunch & vocal poster against us hiring Mario & even I can see it’s pretty obvious he’s coming.

The only thing that can derail it is if he just simply doesn’t wanna leave Eugene & gets a record breaking extension.
I hope you are right. Do not leave any possible excuse to bring No D Manny back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back