Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Bieniemy is a really good X's & O's guy, but man it will be one **** of an experiment to see how College players take to him because he is a hardcore no nonsense type of Coach that really rubs people the wrong way.

Pro players didn't like him & thought he was way too aggressive & stringent, I'd be interested to see how this modern era of College players can handle him lol.

Last edited:
Bieniemy is a really good X's & O's guy, but man it will be one **** of an experiment to see how College players take to him because he is a hardcore no nonsense type of Coach that really rubs people the wrong way.

Pro players didn't like him & thought he was way too aggressive & stringent, I'd be interested to see how this modern era of College players can handle him lol.

That style didn’t play in Washington because that entire franchise was in disarray. Ron Rivera knew he was done once the sale was complete and checked out. Dont remember any chiefs complaining about him.

I think his style will work at UCLA because the kids they sign are under the radar kids who don’t get the USC, ND, Oregon type offers. All they should do is follow Utah’s California recruiting blueprint. No (non Mormon) California kid would pass on a UCLA education and Westwood for Utah.

I disagree personally. I'd hope he's learned under the staffs he's been involved with & I get how everyone wanted to use him as the racial Trump card. The black man who deserves this job and that job etc. But the fact he's never got that job at any point in time and that he can't parlay those relationships into something meaningful & now to take it a step further he's going down to a oc job in college under a first time head coach, makes me think this is a lil bit deeper.

Advertisement
That style didn’t play in Washington because that entire franchise was in disarray. Ron Rivera knew he was done once the sale was complete and checked out. Dont remember any chiefs complaining about him.

I think his style will work at UCLA because the kids they sign are under the radar kids who don’t get the USC, ND, Oregon type offers. All they should do is follow Utah’s California recruiting blueprint. No (non Mormon) California kid would pass on a UCLA education and Westwood for Utah.
He had the same issues in Kansas City too.

He's just a hard-nosed Coach who believes in being stern & holding players accountable, but his delivery is what a lot players take issue with. He will cuss you out in a minute & is unapologetic about it. He's a very confrontational guy & in today's era of Football it just doesn't land the same way it used to years ago.

Unless he's mellowed out significantly, I don't see him sticking around in College for too long.

I disagree personally. I'd hope he's learned under the staffs he's been involved with & I get how everyone wanted to use him as the racial Trump card. The black man who deserves this job and that job etc. But the fact he's never got that job at any point in time and that he can't parlay those relationships into something meaningful & now to take it a step further he's going down to a oc job in college under a first time head coach, makes me think this is a lil bit deeper.

Coming from 3 different players all saying the same thing to varying degrees. But the gist of it is, he's a very abrasive & confrontational dude that borders on being disrespectful at times.

Some players can handle it because they understand his ultimate goal, but for College players in this era, I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. Suffice to say, there's probably gonna be a number of UCLA kids on Offense that hit the Portal post Spring camp lol

Coming from 3 different players all saying the same thing to varying degrees. But the gist of it is, he's a very abrasive & confrontational dude that borders on being disrespectful at times.

Some players can handle it because they understand his ultimate goal, but for College players in this era, I'm not sure how that's gonna play out. Suffice to say, there's probably gonna be a number of UCLA kids on Offense that hit the Portal post Spring camp lol

I know Eric. He's definitely the confrontational sort. I just think he gets alot of credit for other people's work. He's a smart dude. But I'm real curious to see what HIS unquestioned work will amount to. As soft a college sports has become, and Westwood being a whole other degree of soft, it should be amusing. Last time we saw someone like this out there was with mora and several dudes on staff and you see how receptive they were to that.

Advertisement
I know Eric. He's definitely the confrontational sort. I just think he gets alot of credit for other people's work. He's a smart dude. But I'm real curious to see what HIS unquestioned work will amount to. As soft a college sports has become, and Westwood being a whole other degree of soft, it should be amusing. Last time we saw someone like this out there was with mora and several dudes on staff and you see how receptive they were to that.

This right here is why I laughed at this hiring.

He’s heading into soft cuck central.

He won’t make it thru his first season there. I hope he’s got the 2yrs guaranteed, including for certain types of termination.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back