Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Do yourself a favor and read the replies back to blake James from bc fans anointing him and never again accuse Miami fans of drinking kool aid šŸ˜‚

My family is mostly BC grads and so I've been close to the search and know for a fact that BoB fell into his lap similar to how Richt did. O'Brien grew up outside of Boston and his wife is a BC grad. They have a son with a rare medical condition and the leading expert of the particular condition is in Boston.

He has/has had higher aspirations but he's wanted the job since being let go in Houston. The timing never aligned and the family was planning to stay behind when he decided to take the Ohio St OC gig.

Blake helped shepard the deal across the line but BoB was going to the BC HC regardless of who was the AD.

Advertisement
This reeks that heā€™s not happy with UCLA more than anything else. Dudes got plenty of $$$ so he couldā€™ve easily taken a year off and went the NFL route next year as OC if NFL was want he wanted.

He wants another college job but seems to be over the UCLA experiment - they likely werenā€™t committed to winning/investing like he wanted

This reeks that heā€™s not happy with UCLA more than anything else. Dudes got plenty of $$$ so he couldā€™ve easily taken a year off and went the NFL route next year as OC if NFL was want he wanted.

He wants another college job but seems to be over the UCLA experiment - they likely werenā€™t committed to winning/investing like he wanted

I think they are committed to winning but I donā€™t know if he was. He hated recruiting. He was like that at Oregon too. I wouldnā€™t be shocked if he retired in a couple of years.

Advertisement
Dawson better get his **** together if he's a smart man, if HC's like Kelly don't wanna deal with NIL and willing to take a demotion to coach OC's, the hiring pool may be growing exponentially moving forward.

Excerpts from ucla 24/7 board moderator post on chip/money

Suffice to say the fan base is rejoicing

IMG_6690.jpeg
IMG_6691.jpeg
IMG_6692.jpeg
IMG_6693.jpeg
IMG_6694.jpeg

Advertisement
Boston College fans are delusional. Cult of blake

They think the guy born in 3rd base hit a triple like heā€™s a winner.

Weird Science Yes GIF by LosVagosNFT

Dawson better get his **** together if he's a smart man, if HC's like Kelly don't wanna deal with NIL and willing to take a demotion to coach OC's, the hiring pool may be growing exponentially moving forward.
Chip Kelly is very unique. He hated fundraising, hated recruiting even pre-NIL, heā€™s not really someone who likes people.

Chip Kelly is very unique. He hated fundraising, hated recruiting even pre-NIL, heā€™s not really someone who likes people.
Yea i just read the post by the Ispyin dude right after mine. I was unaware and had thought this was along the same NIL transfer lines that some insinuated was the root cause of Saban's retirement.

Advertisement
Excerpts from ucla 24/7 board moderator post on chip/money

Suffice to say the fan base is rejoicing

View attachment 282031View attachment 282032View attachment 282033View attachment 282034View attachment 282035

Martin Jamond is a rock star & have helped turn around UCLAā€™s overall athletic program, but the FB coach & situation he inherited. Chip was a dead man walking this yr, & Chip is a very aloof guy. Heā€™s not built for this new era of CFB as a HC. Heā€™s burned bridges at the NFL level.

UCLA is still an attractive job, & Iā€™m curious which route theyā€™ll go.

Martin Jamond is a rock star & have helped turn around UCLAā€™s overall athletic program, but the FB coach & situation he inherited. Chip was a dead man walking this yr, & Chip is a very aloof guy. Heā€™s not built for this new era of CFB as a HC. Heā€™s burned bridges at the NFL level.

It's hard to imagine a coach not liking UCLA. I had some ties to academics at several LA schools, and always thought UCLA was the spot. Although attending games in Pasadena was much different than the Coliseum lol

It's hard to imagine a coach not liking UCLA. I had some ties to academics at several LA schools, and always thought UCLA was the spot. Although attending games in Pasadena was much different than the Coliseum lol

UCLA is a public school, but itā€™s more private w/ their educational requirements. Also, UCLA has always been more b-ball, softball, Olympic Sports vs. CFB. Lastly, even though UCLA has a managing partnership w/ The Rose Bowl, they are at a disadvantage compared to SCā€™s managing partnership w/ The Coliseum. U can walk to the Coliseum from SCā€™s campus or those are who die hard SC fans around the neighborhood; getting to the Rose Bowl is a headache. Itā€™s a complete nightmare & it turns off a lot of students & fans when the CFB program is not putting up a good product.

Advertisement

Didnā€™t Jarmond come from Boston College?

Advertisement
Back