Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
You don't think Fisch is on the first flight to Gainesville after Napier gets canned next year you are kidding yourself? No question Napier is a dead man walking. Just a question if Fisch gets the phone call first or they go in a different direction.
After 2024: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $25,670,000 (85% of 30.2M);

After 2025: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $19,380,000 (85% of 22.8M);

After 2026: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $13,005,000 (85% of 15.3M);

After 2027: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $6,545,000 (85% of 7.7M).

Fish just signed a 7 year, $54.3M contract. It's also backloaded. for argument's sake, though, let's evenly divide it, and assume the same 85% buyout. After one year, that buyout figures to be $39.6M after 2024.

So you're talking a $66M in buyouts after 2024 if they want Fisch, and almost certainly over $8m/year in salary. I am also aware that buyouts often end up getting negotiated in court to something lower, or a long-term payout with financing. Still, that scenario just became insanely expensive for UF.

@TheOriginalCane lmk if you're seeing different figures.

Advertisement
Pretty soon this Cristobal contact is going to seem like a bargain.

Everyone is getting paid $8m+ now.

Well, let's all hope it's pretty soon.

Doesn't seem like much of a bargain the first two years

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Absolutely, but we're talking about if Florida wants to sign Fisch in a couple of years. Washington was paying DeBoer about $4M per year, what do you think Fisch will get paid at Washington $5M or $6M? If Florida really wants the guy in a year or 2 and offers $9M - $10M per year, can Washington match that? This is why being a full member of the Big 10 or SEC is so key.

Fisch is getting 7.75M per year. Washington is in the Big 10 now.

Fisch is fully aware of Florida's situation. He is not going to leave Washington after just one year, otherwise he could have stayed at Arizona, won a watered down Big 12, and had more leverage a year from now.

Now, if Slingblade Billy stretches his disastrous tenure for another 2 or 3 years, then maybe Florida's and Fisch's timetables will eventually coincide.

Advertisement
After 2024: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $25,670,000 (85% of 30.2M);

After 2025: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $19,380,000 (85% of 22.8M);

After 2026: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $13,005,000 (85% of 15.3M);

After 2027: Billy Napier’s buyout would be $6,545,000 (85% of 7.7M).

Fish just signed a 7 year, $54.3M contract. It's also backloaded. for argument's sake, though, let's evenly divide it, and assume the same 85% buyout. After one year, that buyout figures to be $39.6M after 2024.

So you're talking a $66M in buyouts after 2024 if they want Fisch, and almost certainly over $8m/year in salary. I am also aware that buyouts often end up getting negotiated in court to something lower, or a long-term payout with financing. Still, that scenario just became insanely expensive for UF.

@TheOriginalCane lmk if you're seeing different figures.

Just like with their botched NIL deal, Gator Nation always is overestimating its financial clout.

Those blowhards need to learn to be happy with Bill Boy Napier going 7-5 and losing in the Cheetos Bowl

Fisch is getting 7.75M per year. Washington is in the Big 10 now.

Fisch is fully aware of Florida's situation. He is not going to leave Washington after just one year, otherwise he could have stayed at Arizona, won a watered down Big 12, and had more leverage a year from now.

Now, if Slingblade Billy stretches his disastrous tenure for another 2 or 3 years, then maybe Florida's and Fisch's timetables will eventually coincide.

Spot on TOC

Why go to the SEC meat-grinder if you can make the same kind of money at U-Dub?

Plus I read where his wife hates Tucson, so it's safe guess she would prefer Seattle over Hogtown

Advertisement
I kind of feel bad for teams like Arizona. Perineally average at best with an occasional excellent year or two. Finally come across a good coach only to be poached by another program and once again need another head coaching search.

I know that’s not Canes related but remember losing Howard and then Jimmy and then Dennis and then Butch all in a row?

Howard and JJ and Dennis and Butch all left for professional head coaching jobs.

Advertisement
You don't think Fisch is on the first flight to Gainesville after Napier gets canned next year you are kidding yourself? No question Napier is a dead man walking. Just a question if Fisch gets the phone call first or they go in a different direction.

I do not believe that is a certainty. I think a lot would depend on how Fisch is treated at Washington and whether Florida makes changes at the Presidential and AD level to make that job worthwhile.

After two or three years at Washington? Perhaps it would be more likely. But after one year? If that was Fisch's plan, he could have just signed the extension that Arizona offered him.

Advertisement
Back