Coaching Coaching Carousel 2023-2024 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Udubs roster is a dumpster fire for next season. All, fisch can do is hurt himself by taking it. He's a shoe in for uf next season. Has a top ten roster at Arizona. Why jeooradize it when he's gonna get a huge raise at Arizona this year. Sigh

Udubs roster is a dumpster fire for next season. All, fisch can do is hurt himself by taking it. He's a shoe in for uf next season. Has a top ten roster at Arizona. Why jeooradize it when he's gonna get a huge raise at Arizona this year. Sigh
I agree as to Fisch’s decision but as far as the gator goes, it’s another knife cut. They’re just bleeding out until Billy goes.

Happy for Jedd, he's a quality guy. As someone that lived in Tucson, I don't blame him for wanting to get out of there the moment he found success at the U of A. That place is never going to consistently take football seriously, and I don't think he wants to stake his future on maintaining what he knows isn't sustainable. He also doesn't want to wait around for the UF job, because honestly, the UW job is likely better for him.

Advertisement
I agree as to Fisch’s decision but as far as the gator goes, it’s another knife cut. They’re just bleeding out until Billy goes.
The last thing I wanted was him at uf but.... Arizona was lined up for a big run this year and I was even planning on driving up to Orlando when they play ucf. That's dead now

The last thing I wanted was him at uf but.... Arizona was lined up for a big run this year and I was even planning on driving up to Orlando when they play ucf. That's dead now
I get it. I’d think he could stay there and then go to the NFL or the top CFB jobs that open including his Alma mater, the gator.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I know that, you know that. However, the narrative seems to be Florida is his "dream job". If that is the case and if Florida really wants him in a year or 2, it doesn't seem implausible to me that Florida pays the buyout and brings him aboard. They've been having a $30M+ profit in their athletic department, even with the lackluster football there over the past couple of years.

If Texas A&M can do it - pay off Jimbo and hire Ecko without blinking an eye, I don't see why Florida wouldn't do the same with Napier and Fisch. And it's not like Washington's pockets are getting any deeper to keep Fisch until the current Big 10 TV deal ends in 6 or 7 years. Again, this is on the presumption that Florida is Fisch's dream job and Florida really wants him as their coach in a year or 2.
I agree with almost all of this, except the bold. I think they are getting deeper starting next year, because the current Bigly TV deal is biglier than their Pac deal this year.

Maybe the crawlers pony up next year, but it figures to be a king's ransom, and Fisch will have many incentives to stick around (a solid foundation and more $$ support than EVER in WA).

I agree with almost all of this, except the bold. I think they are getting deeper starting next year, because the current Bigly TV deal is biglier than their Pac deal this year.

Maybe the crawlers pony up next year, but it figures to be a king's ransom, and Fisch will have many incentives to stick around (a solid foundation and more $$ support than EVER in WA).
No, they get $30M each year and get $1M more each year until the end of the 7 year agreement. So, $37M will be their max. Basically staying at ACC level for the next 7 years (but better than what the PAC 12 would offer). All other Big 10 teams (aside from Oregon) will be getting over $60M each year.

Happy for Jedd, he's a quality guy. As someone that lived in Tucson, I don't blame him for wanting to get out of there the moment he found success at the U of A. That place is never going to consistently take football seriously, and I don't think he wants to stake his future on maintaining what he knows isn't sustainable. He also doesn't want to wait around for the UF job, because honestly, the UW job is likely better for him.
That’s been the story down there since the **** Tomey days. Catch lightning in a bottle and go 10-3 once or twice a decade. Mediocre to poor every other year.

No, they get $30M each year and get $1M more each year until the end of the 7 year agreement. So, $37M will be their max. Basically staying at ACC level for the next 7 years (but better than what the PAC 12 would offer). All other Big 10 teams (aside from Oregon) will be getting over $60M each year.
Ok, so they'll be richer than if they stayed, but it isn't going to make a yuge difference for a while.

Advertisement
Back