Coaching Coaching Carousel 2022-2023 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Advertisement
urban meyer lasted 13 games with the jags, hackett lasted 15 games

petrino lasted only 13 games with the falcons, but he resigned and wasn't fired

can't think of anyone else in my lifetime that was out before their 1st season ended
Lou Holtz resigned 13 games into his first season at the Jets in 1976.

And Schnelly lasted 1 season and 1 game in Baltimore, 15 total games.

Find it interesting that we haven't heard anything on guys like Seth Littrell, Dan Mullen, and Jeff Scott... seems obvious, but it makes me think (blind hope) that there's another assistant coaching carousel wave yet to happen.
Collect a buyout and spend a season on TV?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Funny, not too terribly long ago, Fitzgerald was hailed as a god in Northwestern due to his steady success. Now even a non-football school is becoming a "what have you done for me lately" trainwreck. Fire him and learn the hard way that you will never be better than he has made you.

College football is tough terrain. Overall, he has done a good job sustaining what Gary Barnett and Randy Walker did in turning what was once a very bad football program into one which went bowling every year, occasionally upsetting Big10 and bowl opponents. But with this came enhanced expectations and massive increase of infrastructure and financial support. This is a very tough place to win consistently and he's already had to overhaul staff. Things don't look good for him. Now we see why most coaches would have bolted after a couple of successful seasons.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back