Coaching Coaching Carousel 2022-2023 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I really see Deion is giving life speeches, can he actually coach at all? You never really see him talking about Xs and Os or actually teaching technique. Yet these recruits and portal guys flock to him.
He is good with DB technique. I know he actually interviewed for the FSU job and was told it was a disaster.

Advertisement
Leonhard would be nothing short of a big splash. He’s a brilliant football mind, covers FL recruiting for Wisconsin, and has had success without the supreme athletes at a high level.

While it doesn’t bother me as much as others, he is known to run a base 3/4 which many of you on here get riled up on. However, he has been known to switch thing up to a 2-4-5 for pass-heavy teams. Which proves he can be multiple which is what Mario likes.

Let’s see if the time Ed Reed spent with him in the pros can give us a slight edge in looking to bring him in. He’s been on record saying Ed is the smartest football player he’s ever met and has a great deal of respect for him.

He’ll be coaching their bowl game so let’s see if Mario shoots his shot or not.

Advertisement
lol you jsut described mario cristobal you know that right? press conference after press conference, we heard we just have to practice tough in responses to losses. mario wasnt breaking down plays for us.
One dude has years of assistant coach experience, coaching under legends like Saban and Butch — turned around FIU after they just became FBS, won multiple PAC 12 titles with Oregon and the other coached HS, all American games and the lowest level of 1AA where he had a massive talent advantage on the rest of the teams in his conference.

But yea, outside of that. Absolutely the same guy.

Leonhard would be nothing short of a big splash. He’s a brilliant football mind, covers FL recruiting for Wisconsin, and has had success without the supreme athletes at a high level.

While it doesn’t bother me as much as others, he is known to run a base 3/4 which many of you on here get riled up on. However, he has been known to switch thing up to a 2-4-5 for pass-heavy teams. Which proves he can be multiple which is what Mario likes.

Let’s see if the time Ed Reed spent with him in the pros can give us a slight edge in looking to bring him in. He’s been on record saying Ed is the smartest football player he’s ever met and has a great deal of respect for him.

He’ll be coaching their bowl game so let’s see if Mario shoots his shot or not.
Lol 2-4-5 is just a nickel package for 3-4 teams. It’s still basically 4 lineman but they are stand up rushers

Advertisement
Lol 2-4-5 is just a nickel package for 3-4 teams. It’s still basically 4 lineman but they are stand up rushers
Lol trust me I know, 2-4-5 can easily appear on the field as a 4-2-5 as you said with just stand-up rushers. I was more so trying to give the forewarning that he employs a 3/4 base defense. Which most people are terrified of due to the Golden years.

Difference is, the style of his scheme is much more aggressive and attacking than the read and react Dorito used. Leonhard learned from Rex Ryan, but also took some stuff he learned from Aranda as well during their 1 year together in Wisconsin prior to Aranda leaving for LSU.

Lol trust me I know, 2-4-5 can easily appear on the field as a 4-2-5 as you said with just stand-up rushers. I was more so trying to give the forewarning that he employs a 3/4 base defense. Which most people are terrified of due to the Golden years.

Difference is, the style of his scheme is much more aggressive and attacking than the read and react Dorito used. Leonhard learned from Rex Ryan, but also took some stuff he learned from Aranda as well during their 1 year together in Wisconsin prior to Aranda leaving for LSU.
The 3-4 or 4-3 doesn’t matter because nobody really plays either of them anymore. Most teams are in nickel package majority of the time to match up with these spread offenses

Rumors on Louisville board is that Brohm is expected to be next Louisville coach. Lots of smoke on Twitter as well.

Happy Birthday Dog GIF

Advertisement
Back