Coaching Coaching Carousel 2022-2023 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
All I really see Deion is giving life speeches, can he actually coach at all? You never really see him talking about Xs and Os or actually teaching technique. Yet these recruits and portal guys flock to him.

Advertisement
All I really see Deion is giving life speeches, can he actually coach at all? You never really see him talking about Xs and Os or actually teaching technique. Yet these recruits and portal guys flock to him.
I feel the same. Kind of seems like he's going to take the I'm the CEO approach and let his coaches coach. Kind of like what we want from Mario. Not a bad approach as long as Deion puts together a solid coaching staff. I don't think recruiting will be their problem.

He lets his coaches do that. He surrounds himself with good coaching, so he can recruit and sell the program.

Not sure how much he can really do at Colorado tho

lol you jsut described mario cristobal you know that right? press conference after press conference, we heard we just have to practice tough in responses to losses. mario wasnt breaking down plays for us.

He lets his coaches do that. He surrounds himself with good coaching, so he can recruit and sell the program.

Not sure how much he can really do at Colorado tho
yall know youre literally just describing the person we paid 80 mill to right?

mario isnt a gameday savant. he isnt an x and o guy on either end. his biggest strength is recruiting and program management (well outside of this year). thats deion so far in his career

Advertisement
yall know youre literally just describing the person we paid 80 mill to right?

mario isnt a gameday savant. he isnt an x and o guy on either end. his biggest strength is recruiting and program management (well outside of this year). thats deion so far in his career
Thats why I said idk how much he can do at Colorado. He won't have a such a large talent advantage like at JSU.

I do believe he will put together a better staff than Mario.

Mario actually talks Xs and Os and can coach the OL and Run Game.
you sure that he talks x and o? hes an OL coach by trade. Deion played DB and was an OC on the HS level before getting his start at JSU as an HC and did well there just as mario did well at FIU and Oregon.

they bring the same traits as HCs.

the best thing that happened to miami this year was FSU actually winning 9 games bc deion in for norvell (who cant recruit and hasnt been good as an HC there) is not good for us in terms of recruiting. mario is relentless but deion can hold his own as well.

Advertisement
Bruce Feldman shot down both names. Bruce usually pretty solid with updates.

Feldman wrote 2 books that featured O. He also works with Petersen on Fox.

Believe that he would have pretty good sources

Why would anyone want the UNLV job? Especially Coach O and Petersen?

They would have some **** good NIL possibilities if they get their boosters involved.

They play at the Raiders stadium and got a big booster who is redoing their facilities.

Advertisement
I feel the same. Kind of seems like he's going to take the I'm the CEO approach and let his coaches coach. Kind of like what we want from Mario. Not a bad approach as long as Deion puts together a solid coaching staff. I don't think recruiting will be their problem.
Gattis would be a great fit at Colorado

Advertisement
Back