Coaching Coaching Carousel 2022-2023 - Not Miami Related

Advertisement
Rhule is bringing Evan Cooper with him. DB Coach most likely. He’s from the Crib and he recruits down here.

Advertisement
I’d be so disappointed with that hire if I’m a GT fan. Just go get Deion.
Deion is so overrated, it's comical. Deion is the coach for people that don't know much about college football and are easily impressed by flash. Deion is the kind of guy that comes up to the big leagues and gets exposed quickly. He isn't a strong organizational guy, there's a reason why Buddy Pough whipped his *** last year in the Celebration Bowl.

It's easy to dominate the SWAC with a couple of elite guys and a bevy of FBS bouncebacks. Basically, he's created a "Last Chance U" atmosphere at an HBCU, with some great pulls thanks to NIL. Guess what, you need more than a couple of wins on the recruiting trail in order to compete at a Power 5 school.

Advertisement
Jim, come down to CG. If you can upgrade at DC, you do it. Would love to see Mario inquire, if Jim wants to come, let Steele move into a front office role, let him use his experience to assist the program.
I’d like to get Jim here, but I only want to replace Steele unless there is a guy that is 100% better. I don’t want to strike out and get stuck in another hiring process only to end with a guy just as good/ worse than Steele, and get stuck with another staff with 0 continuity.

That's what I'm saying he turned Norte Dame down last year just to end up at Wisconsin lol yikes
Wisconsin is the kind of job that if you are solid, you will win 10+ per year and be a legit QB away from being even better. The infrastructure there is OUTSTANDING and although they don't have a local recruiting base worth a **** does very well on the eastern seaboard and in the midwest. Fickell may be sitting back, waiting for Ryan Day to head to the NFL, so he can swoop in and take the Ohio State job.

I’d like to get Jim here, but I only want to replace Steele unless there is a guy that is 100% better. I don’t want to strike out and get stuck in another hiring process only to end with a guy just as good/ worse than Steele, and get stuck with another staff with 0 continuity.
Exactly, you don't move on from Steele unless you have a legit upgrade. There's ways to reach out through backchannels. Odds are Jim's agent and Mario's agent know each other, or may be the same **** guy.

Advertisement
Deion is so overrated, it's comical. Deion is the coach for people that don't know much about college football and are easily impressed by flash. Deion is the kind of guy that comes up to the big leagues and gets exposed quickly. He isn't a strong organizational guy, there's a reason why Buddy Pough whipped his *** last year in the Celebration Bowl.

It's easy to dominate the SWAC with a couple of elite guys and a bevy of FBS bouncebacks. Basically, he's created a "Last Chance U" atmosphere at an HBCU, with some great pulls thanks to NIL. Guess what, you need more than a couple of wins on the recruiting trail in order to compete at a Power 5 school.
You’re speaking in absolutes as if Deion already failed at his P5/G5 role.

Now I do agree with you (and I do actually know about college football) about Deion likely failing wherever he goes. But for a program like GT, where failure is highly likely no matter who you are, there is potential high upside with a guy like Deion.

You’re speaking in absolutes as if Deion already failed at his P5/G5 role.

Now I do agree with you (and I do actually know about college football) about Deion likely failing wherever he goes. But for a program like GT, where failure is highly likely no matter who you are, there is potential high upside with a guy like Deion.

I didn't guarantee failure, but he has a very high failure probability. He's an extremely high risk, high reward hire. If it works out(Which is extremely unlikely), then it's going to be crazy good. If he fails(which is more likely), you have just set your program back a decade, if not more. For a school like GT, that is already at a disadvantage, it's a risk you can't really take because you run the risk of being beyond dreadful for a prolonged time if it doesn't work out. Deion at a school like Auburn, that makes sense. Why? Because if he's complete crap, they have the resources to go out and hire someone great to come in and fix things. The damage can be cleared away quickly at a place like Auburn.

Advertisement
Luke should have taken the notre dame job last year. Wisky is a good job but not at the same level. I do respect his wanting to play out the playoff with no distraction

Advertisement
Back