Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You guys are kidding yourselves. Watch how all of a sudden Searels looks like a competent OL coach when he’s coaching a bunch of 5 star offensive line recruits.
There will be a noticeable regression until he’s fired. Miami was terrible in running the ball and gave up a ton of sacks under his watch, UNC did the exact same thing and he took over a unit coached by one of the best OL coaches in football before him (Chris Kapilovic) that was pretty stocked with talent.

He’s dropped the ball recruiting everywhere he’s been. In his 3 years we signed 9 offensive lineman and 5 of them have been complete busts (Johnson, Dykstra, Herbert, Hillery, Reed) and the other 4 are average at best (Campbell, Donaldson, Scaife, Gaynor) and we whiffed badly on 2 transfers that couldn’t see the field on one of the worst OL in football.

It's interesting that Kirby is going back to some of the Richt guys (B-Mac, Bobo, and now Searels) after he purged all of them when he first came at UGA.

You don't see that very often.
I don’t think he “purged” them. Bobo was already gone and had taken the Colorado State job before Kirby arrived. B-Mac and Bobo both played for UGA and Bobo was Kirby’s teammate. Searels…well, he’s just on the FBS o-line coach circuit.

Advertisement
There will be a noticeable regression until he’s fired. Miami was terrible in running the ball and gave up a ton of sacks under his watch, UNC did the exact same thing and he took over a unit coached by one of the best OL coaches in football before him (Chris Kapilovic) that was pretty stocked with talent.

He’s dropped the ball recruiting everywhere he’s been. In his 3 years we signed 9 offensive lineman and 5 of them have been complete busts (Johnson, Dykstra, Herbert, Hillery, Reed) and the other 4 are average at best (Campbell, Donaldson, Scaife, Gaynor) and we whiffed badly on 2 transfers that couldn’t see the field on one of the worst OL in football.
Maybe you’re right.

I haven’t checked the data, but I doubt UNC’s O Line room is the same caliber as UGA’s. I don’t think it’s even close.

He won’t last long in Athens if he can’t get a group of 5 stars to block.

I don’t think he “purged” them. Bobo was already gone and had taken the Colorado State job before Kirby arrived. B-Mac and Bobo both played for UGA and Bobo was Kirby’s teammate. Searels…well, he’s just on the FBS o-line coach circuit.

He definitely purged Thomas Brown, McClendon, and the TE coach (forgot his name but he was an FSU alum and went on to coach in the NFL).

His thinking they were too loyal to Richt.

Advertisement
You guys are kidding yourselves. Watch how all of a sudden Searels looks like a competent OL coach when he’s coaching a bunch of 5 star offensive line recruits.

maybe he will. But you know what he won’t be able to do? Recruit at Matt Luke’s lor Sam Pittman’s level.

Man the good Ole boy network is stronger than I thought. Either that or Stacy has naked pics of someone

Advertisement
Maybe you’re right.

I haven’t checked the data, but I doubt UNC’s O Line room is the same caliber as UGA’s. I don’t think it’s even close.

He won’t last long in Athens if he can’t get a group of 5 stars to block.
Of course it’s not in that stratosphere with UGA. But in large part because of him. OL was the strength of the team Mack Brown inherited and now it’s the weakness. Same thing happened at Texas with Mack and Searles, happened at Miami with Searles.

If he’s there 3-4 years (idk what kind of freshman they brought in 2022 class that he has to work with) he’ll run that room into the ground. Can’t fall much further from Pittman and Matt Luke to Stacy Searles.

Of course it’s not in that stratosphere with UGA. But in large part because of him. OL was the strength of the team Mack Brown inherited and now it’s the weakness. Same thing happened at Texas with Mack and Searles, happened at Miami with Searles.

If he’s there 3-4 years (idk what kind of freshman they brought in 2022 class that he has to work with) he’ll run that room into the ground. Can’t fall much further from Pittman and Matt Luke to Stacy Searles.

The interesting thing is his recruiting was decent @ UM based on their rankings, but they either did a terrible job at their own evaluations or development. Probably a combination of both. Most of those whiffs were 4 stars (Reed, Hebert, Hillery).

Advertisement
The tweet is vaguely worded. $11m could be to just his staff including only on field coaches, could be off field, etc.

"Ole Miss has reportedly dedicated over $11 million to head coach Lane Kiffin and his football staff for the 2022 season" is vague?

Well, assuming it could be, it's either Lane and on-field or Lane and on/off field. Either way, it's a LOT less than we are spending, which is the point, no?

They should replace him with Stacy Searels...

tenor.gif
raw

It's over $11 million so far for Lane and 7 assistants. They have OC & DC hired so shouldn't go up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back