Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
To the dude who wants to downvote w no comment, go listen to the pod w the oregon reporter who covers Oregon for s living. we could’ve done better on the dl but I trust Mario will make up for the lack of recruiting at that spot

this is true, Oregon 247 guy basically called him the Mike Rumph of Oregon. Couldn’t recruit.

To the dude who wants to downvote w no comment, go listen to the pod w the oregon reporter who covers Oregon for s living. we could’ve done better on the dl but I trust Mario will make up for the lack of recruiting at that spot
this is true, Oregon 247 guy basically called him the Mike Rumph of Oregon. Couldn’t recruit.
They were going to have a pretty legit DL class if Mario had stayed at Oregon. But anyways, DL grows on trees in SFL. Big Joe with Mario recruiting by his side will get their guys. Nyjalik Kelly and Cyrus Moss proved that.

What Big Joe brings is the ability to get guys like Iuli. Big Joe recruits extends beyond the DL. Having him on staff probably leads to a few Poly kids. On the DL, OL, LB, etc.

Well worth it IMO.

Advertisement
At first I thought it said Tommy Chong. Did a double take. Lol
1D14A39B-691A-4619-A1E3-47E68AA4DA98.jpeg

Advertisement
Lol the "Mike Rumph Oregon"....he pulled in two 5 stars and three high 4 stars in last 3 years. That's better than Rumph every done in his career.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 9.12.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 9.12.12 AM.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 79
Lol the "Mike Rumph Oregon"....he pulled in two 5 stars and three high 4 stars in last 3 years. That's better than Rumph every done in his career.
And again notice the last names on 4 of the 5 in addition to the positions they play.

Listen to the podcast. He talks about that and who the primary recruiters were.

Advertisement
Ok so he’s Mario when it comes to recruiting Poly kids but he’s ineffective for others.

It’s clear Mario is making an exception for him when it comes to recruiting because of his coaching ability and his pipeline with Poly kids.

I agree but to compare Joe with Rumph is laughable. Joe can bring in some Samoan guys while Rumph couldn't even recruit his godson nor kids from HS that he coached at.
Yeah that was the dagger for me. He was in that kid’s life since he was a baby and coached him in high school.

I couldn’t think of a better scenario where a kid should be a lock. And not only a lock but he should’ve been the class ambassador. Just embarrassing.

Ok so he’s Mario when it comes to recruiting Poly kids but he’s ineffective for others.

It’s clear Mario is making an exception for him when it comes to recruiting because of his coaching ability and his pipeline with Poly kids.
Ineffective for others based on what? What a lazy *** take.

Cyrus Moss would have probably ended up at Oregon along with Halton and maybe even Nyjalik (mentioned in an interview he was seriously considering Oregon and that may have been his pick). Mind you those guys are now at Miami and we have the potential to also pull in Shemar.

Advertisement
Ineffective for others based on what? What a lazy *** take.

Cyrus Moss would have probably ended up at Oregon along with Halton and maybe even Nyjalik (mentioned in an interview he was seriously considering Oregon and that may have been his pick). Mind you those guys are now at Miami and we have the potential to also pull in Shemar.
Lazy? I watched the over 30 minute interview/monologue of Moss. Mario is the main reason why he came; I don’t even think he mentioned Joe. Same with Kelly. It was all Mario.

Thibodeaux stated Mario was the main reason he signed with Oregon.

Please point to me a non-Poly highly rated recruit where Joe was the main reason he signed. I’ll wait.

The examples you gave proved my point that it was all Mario. Maybe you should try reading again before you come for me.

Lazy? I watched the over 30 minute interview/monologue of Moss. Mario is the main reason why he came; I don’t even think he mentioned Joe. Same with Kelly. It was all Mario.

Thibodeaux stated Mario was the main reason he signed with Oregon.

Please point to me a non-Poly highly rated recruit where Joe was the main reason he signed. I’ll wait.

The examples you gave proved my point that it was all Mario. Maybe you should try reading again before you come for me.
Oh boy. Mario is going to be the main reason why a ton of kids sign here. The fact is Joe was involved in every single one of these kids’ recruitment and played a role.

Was he the #1 reason they came here? Probably not. But that will be the norm with Mario here since surprise surprise…Mario is the HC. Lol wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back