Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tin foil hat has been telling me for days that Chip is/has been the OC target

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fwiw, Venebles was hired the day before Mario and has his staff completely finalized.

Big difference, however, is most (if not all, I actually think it's all) of those guys are college guys (before the timeline aficionados come in and neg me).
FWIW, a number Riley’s staff were retained.

Advertisement
I like this guy, he has good coaching pedigree and he has good Florida ties. Not a bad candidate if TRob bolts (Temple fan PTSD strikes again).

Wondering if you know that outside of this one past season at UF, being the DB coach of the University of Miami Hurricanes for four seasons about a dozen years is the entirely of his "good Florida ties."

His resume is solid though, been at half the SEC it seems since Miami, with a cup of coffee as a DC too. A step down from T-Rob for sure.

Advertisement
Wondering if you know that outside of this one past season at UF, being the DB coach of the University of Miami Hurricanes for four seasons about a dozen years is the entirely of his "good Florida ties."

His resume is solid though, been at half the SEC it seems since Miami, with a cup of coffee as a DC too. A step down from T-Rob for sure.

Fair observation and question. My basis on according him good Florida ties is the fact that he is from soFla (Naples) and has worked at Alabama and UGA which always have coaches with good ties to Florida. He was also "Sun Belt Recruiter of Year" at Texas State which reinforces my suspicion that he can recruit.
Just an opinion from a coaching nerd who likes to focus on the potential up and Comer versus established names.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about Jules.

Fair observation and question. My basis on according him good Florida ties is the fact that he is from soFla (Naples) and has worked at Alabama and UGA which always have coaches with good ties to Florida. He was also "Sun Belt Recruiter of Year" at Texas State which reinforces my suspicion that he can recruit.
Just an opinion from a coaching nerd who likes to focus on the potential up and Comer versus established names.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about Jules.

Ah, then my bad Medley! Rather have the crime dog actually though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back