Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fickell or Campbell get a call?
They may get interviewed, Campbell would be the only one to actually take the job.

Fickell hates Michigan, he’s never leaving Ohio & the only other job he wants is the OH St gig.

He’ll stay at Cincinnati until Ryan Day goes back to the NFL & then finally have the opportunity at his dream job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rough take, amigo. Are you just a mopey-*** mope? Those days are over. You are woefully uninformed, misguided and wrong. Mario is cherry-picking and big game hunting.

Have you ever made a $1M salary? No? He has. Bryan McClendon is a home run hire. Zero question.

McClendon (that's his name btw, since you clearly don't know who he is) isn't just a "WR coach" or a "guy." There is a reason he was given the opportunity to be an OC in the SEC, and has been the staff member chosen to be elevated to interim head coach at both UGA and Oregon during transitions. Look at his career path, look at the titles (AHC, OC, Co-OC, IHC, RC, RGC, PGC) he's repeatedly earned at every stop:

View attachment 169715

BTW, he's only 38. He's a future HC.

And he's a 5-star recruiter. About as good as it gets:

Why Bryan McClendon makes sense for Miami from a recruiting standpoint: The state of Georgia is one of the most talent rich states in the country for producing college football talent. Adding McClendon to the staff would help the Hurricanes make some in-roads in that state. The list of recruits that McClendon has been either the primary or secondary recruiter for is staggering: 5-star RB Isaiah Crowell, 5-star RB Keith Marshall, 5-star DE Lorenzo Carter, 5-star RB Sony Michel, five-star RB Nick Chubb, four-star RB Todd Gurley, and four-star CB Jaycee Horn. McClendon is an elite recruiter.

Here is the full list of his best trail wins. He's recruited double digit top 100 ranked players, including five 5-stars (he was the PR on all 5). I had to shrink the font size and take three different screenshots just to get all the 4 and 5 stars in here:

View attachment 169716
View attachment 169717
View attachment 169718

Again, major fail on this one. Now apologize to this savage.
Huge hire from recruiting standpoint and anytime you get a co-oc who was a oc at sec team is a good move

I’ll criticize Mario if I think he makes a lazy hire. I’ll gladly do it and give you my opinion

McClendon - if he’s not the best - is a top 5 WR coach in CFB when you weigh his coaching ability and his recruiting ability together.

He’s a killer recruiter coming back to the southeast where his roots are. Former SEC offensive coordinator. Young. He’s the full package.
Also he is a direct pipeline into Atlanta metro

Advertisement
Wasn't this the guy in 2017 that was filmed during pre-game yelling to his team "f@ck the turnover chain" and "They can have their chain, we're playing for rings" etc.. All before we pushed their **** in that night lol.
Nah .. that was the New Duke head coach - Mike Elko

JC

Advertisement
He’s going to be a candidate at Michigan.

@Liberty City El, you don’t think Fick would listen? ND and OSU are gone (unless the Bears seriously pursue Day) for the foreseeable future.
Fickell turned down at least 4 P5 job openings this offseason.

He really doesn’t want to coach anywhere but in Ohio & his dream job is OH ST.

Going to Michigan for Fickell would be like Cristobal going to Gainesville...

Advertisement

Nah because G-Ville is a craphole and Michigan is actually a great school, great town, more prestigious job. UF and UM may be in the same state but they are very far apart culturally IMO. He actually interviewed at MSU.

I think he'd kick the tires pretty hard on Michigan. He would surely prefer OSU, and then ND, but you can't count on it coming open and them hiring you. Business. Just my 2 cents. None of us are in his head.

I think his next stop is the NFL personally.

Wasn't this the guy in 2017 that was filmed during pre-game yelling to his team "f@ck the turnover chain" and "They can have their chain, we're playing for rings" etc.. All before we pushed their **** in that night lol.

Pretty sure that was Elko, who is the HC @ Duke now

Nah, I completely get that. But Fickell almost took the Sparty gig a few years back before they turned to Mel Tucker — and if Dantonio didn’t retire so late, he likely would’ve taken the job. ND is supposedly one of his dream jobs too — he just wasn’t willing to interview while they were about to make the playoffs. There’s only a few big jobs in the Midwest and he may not even get OSU if it opens back up, IMO. That could go to Hartline. He’d be a fool not to look at Michigan because of a rivalry (Bo Schembechler coached at OSU too as you know). I’m a little biased though since I did some school up in AA.

Until proven otherwise, I’m of the belief Matt Campbell is waiting on the Michigan job to open up. That’s why he hasn’t left Iowa State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back