Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lupoi is an elite recruiter and NFL level position coach. As a DC he leaves something to be desired but I assume Laning will have heavy influence there so he can afford to go that route. Adrian Klem is also a very good west coast recruiter and is a good enough OL coach to be one of 32 people at the highest level. He does have some baggage though.

Marshall Malchow is one of, if not THE top player personnel guy in college football. I dont know how they stole him from TAMU.

Matt Zenitz is well regarding as an up and coming strength coach.

The rest of the hired and rumored to be hired are pretty solid as well in my opinion. Dillingham I am not sure on but I know he recruits well and I think he might be ok now that he is away from that dumpster fire of a program called FSU.

Not a knock on Mario, I still believe our staff will be better but its ok to appreciate what other programs are doing as well. Its kinda what this thread is about.
Oooof saving these receipts for later

Oooof saving these receipts for later
Save away.
This is a message board and I posted an opinion which is sorta why these things exist. I didnt call anyone out, puff my chest or lay claim that I am always right. Don't know what the big deal is but sure, if the 50% chance that I am wrong comes true feel free to call me on it. All good

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would be shocked if he came on board in another analyst role. He’s been out of coaching for the last couple of seasons. He obviously doesn’t need the money. He’d either be OC or a position coach with the AHC title. And I’m not crazy at all of the thought of him as OC.

Last edited:
I would be shocked if he came on board as an analyst. He’s been out of coaching for the last couple of seasons. He obviously doesn’t need the money. He’d either be OC or a position coach with the AHC title. And I’m not crazy at all of the thought of him as OC.
He’s an analyst for Boston college. Why wouldn’t he be an analyst for his own school

How many former NFL head coaches have taken back to back analyst positions in college? Or former head coaches period? An analyst position is meant to be a 1-2 year stop gap where you recharge + potentially learn some new stuff after which you resume your actual coaching career.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would be shocked if he came on board as an analyst. He’s been out of coaching for the last couple of seasons. He obviously doesn’t need the money. He’d either be OC or a position coach with the AHC title. And I’m not crazy at all of the thought of him as OC.
Mirabal is and likely always will be Cristobals AHC

Reactions: sml
How many former NFL head coaches have taken back to back analyst positions in college? Or former head couches period? An analyst position is meant to be a 1-2 year stop gap where you recharge + potentially learn some new stuff after which you resume your actual coaching career.

You forget the biggest thing that matters. The buyout money that they get from getting fired. It comes down to how the offset language is written into their contracts. They take those roles so it doesn't interfere with those payments.

You forget the biggest thing that matters. The buyout money that they get from getting fired. It comes down to how the offset language is written into their contracts. They take those roles so it doesn't interfere with those payments.

Right. But it likely doesn’t apply in this case because Chud’s last “big” job was in 2017.

Advertisement
How many former NFL head coaches have taken back to back analyst positions in college? Or former head coaches period? An analyst position is meant to be a 1-2 year stop gap where you recharge + potentially learn some new stuff after which you resume your actual coaching career.
How many former NFL head coaches have gone on to be an analyst at a below average P5 program and then get promoted to becoming a coordinator/position coach at a much larger P5 program that just broke the bank on an $8m HC?

If he were at Bama as an analyst? Sure. But he's not. He's at Boston College.

Maybe I missed it but when was chud ever an nfl HC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back