Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt House is an odd hire. Sure, he has a Super Bowl W on his resume, but he also split LB coaching duties with Andy Reid's son Britt. Britt is no longer coaching due to his legal issues, but if House had to share LB coaching duties with a coach's son, who didn't have a big resume to begin with, it raises question marks.

I’d assume one was OLB the other was ILB. just like what Miami did with ILB and Strikers. Most schools do this.

Advertisement
I’d assume one was OLB the other was ILB. just like what Miami did with ILB and Strikers. Most schools do this.
House was listed as LB coach...no ILB designation. B Reid was listed as LB Coach/Outside LBs. Bottom line...House wasn't solely responsible for the LBs. To be clear, B Reid wasn't an Asst LB coach. He had the designation of Asst DL coach a few years before, and them was elevated to DL coach.

House was the DC at Pitt about 10 years ago and spent time as DC at FIU. He might be a GREAT coach, but I still find it a little suspect House had to share LB coaching duties with someone who had a weak resume to be a position coach in thr NFL.

They are? Lupoi who was all but ran off from bama…. An Oline coach from the NFL whose Oline was getting ran though killing Ben…
Lupoi is an elite recruiter and NFL level position coach. As a DC he leaves something to be desired but I assume Laning will have heavy influence there so he can afford to go that route. Adrian Klem is also a very good west coast recruiter and is a good enough OL coach to be one of 32 people at the highest level. He does have some baggage though.

Marshall Malchow is one of, if not THE top player personnel guy in college football. I dont know how they stole him from TAMU.

Matt Zenitz is well regarding as an up and coming strength coach.

The rest of the hired and rumored to be hired are pretty solid as well in my opinion. Dillingham I am not sure on but I know he recruits well and I think he might be ok now that he is away from that dumpster fire of a program called FSU.

Not a knock on Mario, I still believe our staff will be better but its ok to appreciate what other programs are doing as well. Its kinda what this thread is about.

Advertisement
Lupoi is an elite recruiter and NFL level position coach. As a DC he leaves something to be desired but I assume Laning will have heavy influence there so he can afford to go that route. Adrian Klem is also a very good west coast recruiter and is a good enough OL coach to be one of 32 people at the highest level. He does have some baggage though.

Marshall Malchow is one of, if not THE top player personnel guy in college football. I dont know how they stole him from TAMU.

Matt Zenitz is well regarding as an up and coming strength coach.

The rest of the hired and rumored to be hired are pretty solid as well in my opinion. Dillingham I am not sure on but I know he recruits well and I think he might be ok now that he is away from that dumpster fire of a program called FSU.

Not a knock on Mario, I still believe our staff will be better but its ok to appreciate what other programs are doing as well. Its kinda what this thread is about.
Matt Zenitz is a writer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do the wheels start moving tomorrow with hires? The Oregon Oklahoma game is tonight so I would imagine coaches start moving the next day.

Advertisement

Man, I hope that Vandy gets better and hopefully they can swap $EC domino places with The Gaytes!
I have adopted them as one of my favorite universities. Maybe it's due to the resembles with us. Small private university in a nice city. Me likes Nashville, even though it's a little bit country.
Same with Stanford out West. Always liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back