Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WR coach is just going to be the guy who was in Oregon with Mario anyway. It’s hardly like we’re breaking the bank to bring in some superstar position coach. I think fans have the idea that Mario is bringing some kind of all star team here but that’s not really the case. The coordinators will likely be big names but a lot of the position coach candidates are guys we already have or guys who were Mario’s Oregon staff.
1640665215591.gif

Advertisement
He is, it’s been known for about 2 weeks now.

Salavea’a, McClendon, Mirabal & TRob are confirmed to be officially on staff, just haven’t been announced yet.

It’s still speculative as to whether or not Field will remain as the TE’s coach or possibly move to an off field role, but in all likelihood he will remain the TE’s coach.

Jim Mastro most likely will be the RB’s coach, but that hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Dennis Smith former coach at FIU with Mario & former LA Tech ST’s coach will be on staff as well, it’s not known in what capacity exactly as of now, but it’s a possibility he’ll be a ST’s coach for us as well, if not, he’ll be an analyst.

We’re still waiting on the OC, DC, OLB’s coach & another DB coach, it could be Rod Chance or possibly Keith Heyward.

By next week we should know who the remaining coaches are.
Chris Partridge is the name I keep hearing at ILB but I have a hard time seeing him taking a position downgrade (he is Co-DC last I checked at Ole Miss) and OLB, if it’s Schumann, will be his. DB is either Rod Chance or Keith Heyward yeah, obviously I don’t know how our pursuit with Nick Monroe went but I know the interest there was mutual at one point and I would love to have him. DL could still be a situation where we have two coaches, one for the Nose and one for the DEs. Honestly though there just aren’t a lot of names legitimately being thrown around anymore so I don’t think it’s a case of ‘finalising’ anything this week, far more just a case of publicly announcing who/what was locked up weeks ago.

Rough take, amigo. Are you just a mopey-*** mope? Those days are over. You are woefully uninformed, misguided and wrong. Mario is cherry-picking and big game hunting.

Have you ever made a $1M salary? No? He has. Bryan McClendon is a home run hire. Zero question.

McClendon (that's his name btw, since you clearly don't know who he is) isn't just a "WR coach" or a "guy." There is a reason he was given the opportunity to be an OC in the SEC, and has been the staff member chosen to be elevated to interim head coach at both UGA and Oregon during transitions. Look at his career path, look at the titles (AHC, OC, Co-OC, IHC, RC, RGC, PGC) he's repeatedly earned at every stop:

View attachment 169715

BTW, he's only 38. He's a future HC.

And he's a 5-star recruiter. About as good as it gets:

Why Bryan McClendon makes sense for Miami from a recruiting standpoint: The state of Georgia is one of the most talent rich states in the country for producing college football talent. Adding McClendon to the staff would help the Hurricanes make some in-roads in that state. The list of recruits that McClendon has been either the primary or secondary recruiter for is staggering: 5-star RB Isaiah Crowell, 5-star RB Keith Marshall, 5-star DE Lorenzo Carter, 5-star RB Sony Michel, five-star RB Nick Chubb, four-star RB Todd Gurley, and four-star CB Jaycee Horn. McClendon is an elite recruiter.

Here is the full list of his best trail wins. He's recruited double digit top 100 ranked players, including five 5-stars (he was the PR on all 5). I had to shrink the font size and take three different screenshots just to get all the 4 and 5 stars in here:

View attachment 169716
View attachment 169717
View attachment 169718

Again, major fail on this one. Now apologize to this savage.
He signed a bunch of guys at Georgia under Mark Richt, so that’s good news. Hopefully he can get some of that mojo back.

He is, it’s been known for about 2 weeks now.

Salavea’a, McClendon, Mirabal & TRob are confirmed to be officially on staff, just haven’t been announced yet.

It’s still speculative as to whether or not Field will remain as the TE’s coach or possibly move to an off field role, but in all likelihood he will remain the TE’s coach.

Jim Mastro most likely will be the RB’s coach, but that hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Dennis Smith former coach at FIU with Mario & former LA Tech ST’s coach will be on staff as well, it’s not known in what capacity exactly as of now, but it’s a possibility he’ll be a ST’s coach for us as well, if not, he’ll be an analyst.

We’re still waiting on the OC, DC, OLB’s coach & another DB coach, it could be Rod Chance or possibly Keith Heyward.

By next week we should know who the remaining coaches are.
I know you previously had your reservations about Mastro's recruiting. Now that he's far more likely to be named, any further thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I only liked Brashard I'm being honest no bs. I know people going to call me crazy for it
Aye man, at least you're standing on your word.

Care to explain why though?

Romello was a stud coming out of the West who was being recruited by everyone in the country. JaColby dominated at Plantation and made plays on the camp circuit as well.

Chris Partridge is the name I keep hearing at ILB but I have a hard time seeing him taking a position downgrade (he is Co-DC last I checked at Ole Miss) and OLB, if it’s Schumann, will be his. DB is either Rod Chance or Keith Heyward yeah, obviously I don’t know how our pursuit with Nick Monroe went but I know the interest there was mutual at one point and I would love to have him. DL could still be a situation where we have two coaches, one for the Nose and one for the DEs. Honestly though there just aren’t a lot of names legitimately being thrown around anymore so I don’t think it’s a case of ‘finalising’ anything this week, far more just a case of publicly announcing who/what was locked up weeks ago.
Thanks for the updates LeedsCane and LCE!

Aye man, at least you're standing on your word.

Care to explain why though?

Romello was a stud coming out of the West who was being recruited by everyone in the country. JaColby dominated at Plantation and made plays on the camp circuit as well.
I didn't like their speration speed. Bronson was UGA and um and UGA isn't the greatest at evaluating wrs. George same I didn't like their play making ability at this level. In HS yeah most kids make plays but transitioning them to D1 they weren't for me. I want guys like Moore Cooper Ridley Moss Jones Waddle etc. I want electric type wrs that if they touch it anything can happen. I want opposing coaches game planning for our wrs.

• Disagree
Reactions: WIN
Advertisement
No offense, but you want Mario and his $8M+ staff that's being built to beat the Bama's of the world to have a WR coach who coached at Cal and ASU at his best stops, who's best opportunity two years ago was to work for Manny Diaz, and who's market value today is to take a position coach job with glorified titles at an American Athletic Conference school?

I know some of you have never followed a big time program when it's really trying, so I get it... but we're aiming a lot higher. And I LIKE coach Likens and thought he did a fine job here. But we are taking this isht to another level.
But yet Saban and his practically unlimited budget pulls his DC from UTSA?

The Steelers O-Line is pretty bad right now. He was also involved in a lawsuit at UCLA for mishandling player injuries.

Could they really not get anyone better?

He had a very good recruiting rep in college.
The stuff you mention is bad optics, at a minimum.
However, I don't think Oregon gives a rip about optics unless, of course, another program is nabbing their coach.

Advertisement
And, similarly, Dabo replaces his retiring DL coach with his college buddy working at a Div1aa school in Alabama.
I’m sure you can find many examples. People get too caught up with getting guys from “big programs” which sometimes doesn’t necessarily equate with competence. D’Onofrio once was a DC here.

Not that much tbh.....I'm looking for first rounder type talent man. My vision of a UM wr is different then others and I have maybe unrealistic expectations.
I think it’s unrealistic. How many first round receivers has UM had in it‘s history? I think it’s Irvin, Eddie Brown, Randall Hill, Yatil Green, Santana, Wayne, and Andre Johnson. So that’s only seven for a program that has won five championships and played for many more over a 40 year period.

• Agree
Reactions: WIN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back