Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacoby_medium.gif

See, this is where HBCUs can not only grow their football, but also help the young NFL retirees looking to get into coaching. A guy with lots of elite level playing experience looking to get into coaching. These are potentially good matches, mutually positive for program and young coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting and probably unpopular take. Brashard was arguably the least productive of the three this year (doesn't mean he isn't very good).

What is it about Brinson or George that doesn't twinkle your toes?
Brashard didn't get targeted nearly enough (or as much as Jacolby or Melo). That said, when he was used in the slot as opposed as out of the backfield, he was productive - See VTech, CCS, etc.

*I'm biased, because we have his NIL, but I think I'm being pretty objective here based upon his targets.

Interesting and probably unpopular take. Brashard was arguably the least productive of the three this year (doesn't mean he isn't very good).

What is it about Brinson or George that doesn't twinkle your toes?
Don't like the explosiveness and speed. I like Juedy Cooper Moss types. I want guys u can't cover one on one and being in our location u should get the best. Are they decent college players? Yea they are productive but I want someone who scares the other teams db room......and their db coach has nightmares in the film room trying to cover him. That's my standard.....but again I'm not a profit they could be all world but that's how I thought about them coming in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nope if u can't recruit I don't want u but that's just me. ME urban Mario Saban they coach like that u have to bring in first rounders that hit the green tree and u know they are different.

Likens isn't a bad recruiter tho.
Funny since Brinson, George and Smith are the highest rated trio of receivers we’ve signed since 247 started rating players.

I think Likens is a solid recruiter and a very good coach. However I don't think he's an elite or great recruiter. According to 247, Lashlee was the primary recruiter and Fields the secondary for Brashard Smith. Field was the primary and Likes the secondary for Brinson. Likens the primary for George. He was also the primary for Horton.

I'm not knocking him. I personally like having a "solid" recruiter and a "very good" coach, especially when the off-field staff gets beefed up for recruiting like it will under Mario, and when you have recruiting snipers like Field on staff. Likens is a good all-around coach that doesn't have any deficiencies.

Probably not a terrible hire since Lanning will probably run much of the defense. But definitely would not have been good with that hire had it been Miami making it. That guy is not a DC.
He’s an animal recruiter and they’ll need it. I think the most under appreciated part of Mario wanting to leave is that every single recruiting visit of any value was a 2.5 hour flight. Lupoi is relentless and losing Mario, McClendon, Mirabal, and potentially Chance will hurt their ability to be nonstop relentless

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back