Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to find a 1 year rental as DC that propels into a HC job and then hire Geoff Collins next year after he’s fired… wouldn’t be the first time he was Mario’s DC..
I know Geoff Collins did well at UF but he is such a weird dude. This whole "Above the Line" is dumb and not fair to the kids.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We're gonna try to get Tee Martin to replace him. Would be a very good hire for ETSU

Whether he's even remotely interested or not is a different question
He’d be perfect at a program like ETSU since he’s been with the Ravens he may wanna stick in the NFL, but ETSU would be a nice start for his first HC gig.

Yall should also look at Jason Simpson at UT Martin & Walt Wells at EKU.

Shannon Dawson would be good too, idk if he’d want to go to FCS though considering he’ll probably be a P5 OC by this time next year.

Advertisement
He’d be perfect at a program like ETSU since he’s been with the Ravens he may wanna stick in the NFL, but ETSU would be a nice start for his first HC gig.

Yall should also look at Jason Simpson at UT Martin & Walt Wells at EKU.

Shannon Dawson would be good too, idk if he’d want to go to FCS though considering he’ll probably be a P5 OC by this time next year.
ETSU's AD has gotten into some kind of trend of hiring former vols - Brought in Fulmer for the 1st HC search that landed Carl Torbush, Randy Sanders was a Tennessee Icon QB/long time QB coach/coordinator, the basketball coach was an assistant at UT, and there's more.

It's a pre-requisite for him until proven otherwise

**** I was hoping Temple hired Elijah Robinson from A&M. That would have lead to the aggies class to fall apart
Same.

But as a Temple alum I would love the Fran Brown hire 10x more. He's one of the most underrated recruiters and will dominate NJ/PA recruiting (as much as you can dominate that at Temple). I think he's going to be super successful. Hope it goes through.

Advertisement
do coordinators normally get these kind of publicly posted contract extensions?

i thought the vast majority of them were all on one year deals that renew on coach's decision at end of year
Depends on the program.

Often times they do so as to send the message to recruits, because a lot of times other coaches will use rumors about a Coordinator potentially leaving as a means of negative recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back