Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You are missing the point…. Keep them expectations low. It makes it more enjoyable. Also, thank you for the amazing thread, @Liberty City El. He is the best poster on this site.
Keep expectations low? Are you kidding me? I can't believe you even said that. Would you give Diaz the same low expectations? Did you have low expectations for the 2021 season? I don't want Manny and he has to go, but Manny could get 9-10 wins next year with this roster and such a weak division. Fire Diaz for not meeting expectations in 2021, then lower them for the new coach with the same roster that will be much improved next year? Yah, it's year 1, but with a talented roster they should perform at a high level with our offense scoring 40+ per game. There's no reason not to. The offense is far too talented.

You're basically saying we should expect to be mediocre again next year. Nope. I'm not doing that. We have an elite QB and multiple weapons at every skill position. My expectations match the talent and schedule. I didn't say Mario needed to beat TAMU or Clemson. 8 wins is a really low bar for this team especially with a weak division and 2 non conference cupcake games. If I had high expectations, I would say Mario should beat TAMU and/or Clemson, but I'm not saying that. If he did, it would buy himself a lot of good will with the fanbase. 8-4, given how he finished the last few games at Oregon and the fans are going say "smh." Some of them are already unfairly calling him "Manny Deluxe." What if Mario goes 8-4, 9-3, and 10-2? That's improvement and would be accepted and praised. Now, what if he goes 8-4, 9-3, then 8-4 or 7-5 and we don't win the division in any of those years? Then we are just the same mediocre team we've been for over a decade and the "Manny Deluxe" label sticks with fans calling for his head.

The expectations come with the job. Having low expectations is a slippery slope.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back