Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Real spill..

Bruh that's the 2nd coach that has done that to them. Tashard Choice did it too. Cold world, oh well..better them than us.
all about $$ and titles.. LSU giving Cain $900K as DL coach/run game coord. USC wouldn't match.
Same with Chance... Lincoln Riley is paying the big money to other positions..

Lol, dude literally just got to USC and they were extremely stoked to get him too.
He was also in charge of Cyrus Moss' recruitment at SC under Riley too, fwiw.

My man was at OU/SC/LSU all in one year. Lol

Good to know about moss. Don’t know much about Cain - is he the goods?

Advertisement
Advertisement

There’s speculation Chip Kelly could end up leaving UCLA before the season starts.

In 2022, it will be the final year of his current contract & on Jan 16th, his 9million dollar buyout drops to 0 & he has it as a clause in his contract that he can leave once all the guaranteed money runs out. UCLA could also end up firing him & it wouldn’t cost them any money because after 1/16/22 they would’ve paid him the entirety of his contract.

Obviously, UCLA could just offer him an extension, but the problem is they’re really strapped for cash & are $40million in debt in the athletic department. Plus their new AD isn’t the coach who hired him to begin with.

They could still offer him an extension, but it would be a pretty cheap one & Kelly made $5.6mill this season, so they can’t really increase his pay to anything more than a little over $6-7mill tops & that’s cutting it pretty close as is.

Chip could stay for next season & then go get a job elsewhere, but he’d basically be coaching the 2022 season for free if he did. He’s already made plenty of money & he’s a different kinda coach to begin with so maybe that doesn’t mean much to him, but I doubt it.

My guess, they will work out a short extension for a few years with maybe a $1-2million dollar increase & it will be a heavy incentive laden contract. I think he sticks at UCLA for the 22 season & then goes to another Pac-12 team after the season.

👀👀👀🤔 Could it be…. Nah, can’t be. I probably wouldn’t have a crank left if that happened.
1641018663376.gif

Advertisement
Lol, dude literally just got to USC and they were extremely stoked to get him too.
He was also in charge of Cyrus Moss' recruitment at SC under Riley too, fwiw.
No! money, makes dudes jump! My question is, when did they start hiring defensive coaches as “running game coordinators”? Did I miss something? Is he gonna be coaching both sides of the ball? That title usually goes to an offensive guy like an OL or RB coach, right?

Last edited:
So the rumours about Wilson Love (the Ole Miss S&C Coach) heading to Oregon have some traction then:

No money, makes dudes jump! My question is, when did they start hiring defensive coaches as “running game coordinators”? Did I miss something? Is he gonna be coaching both sides of the ball? That title usually goes to an offensive guy like an OL or RB coach, right?

Lol, run game coordinator for the D. Obvious run down situations, D coordinator will lean on him. Different set ups for different teams but he will have a huge input in installing and prepping them for their run defense situations.

Advertisement
That’s exactly what Kelly wants, lol. That’s his offense and that archaic *** sh*t he ran at Notre Dame. That’s his boy.
It's the weirdest ****, bc his offenses were very forward thinking and dynamic at Cincinnati and CMU. Soon as he got to ND, he tabled all that and was like I want to run your daddy's ND offense.

Lol, run game coordinator for the D. Obvious run down situations, D coordinator will lean on him. Different set ups for different teams but he will have a huge input in installing and prepping them for their run defense situations.
College football has almost reached the summit of Simple Jack Peak.

The struggle of their arduous climb is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back