Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Never was impressed with Schiano. He did okay in his first stint at Rugters, and by okay he made them respectable a few seasons.
Think about what you said. He made Rutgers respectable. We can't even find a coach to make us respectable at MIAMI. Admittedly I was never a fan of Schiano as a coach but that was years ago when I thought anybody could do better here than his boring brand of football. Fast forward 20 years and we are worse than Rutgers. We got the same style in right now in 2022. Mario just a better recruiter. I don't see many other differences between them.

Advertisement
Think about what you said. He made Rutgers respectable. We can't even find a coach to make us respectable at MIAMI. Admittedly I was never a fan of Schiano as a coach but that was years ago when I thought anybody could do better here than his boring brand of football. Fast forward 20 years and we are worse than Rutgers. We got the same style in right now in 2022. Mario just a better recruiter. I don't see many other differences between them.
He did what Golden did at Temple, plus up a notch or two.

His biggest accomplishment was suckering the Bucs ownership into hiring him.

If he were good, he wouldn’t have ran back home to Rutgers.

Advertisement
He did what Golden did at Temple, plus up a notch or two.

His biggest accomplishment was suckering the Bucs ownership into hiring him.

If he were good, he wouldn’t have ran back home to Rutgers.
Nah you missing my point but all good. I don't think he is that good just better than anybody we have had since Butch. Now all these years later we basically hired another version of him anyway.

Mario the Recruiter > Schiano the Recruiter

Eh, 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. Cristobal may be better in landing the big fish but I think Schiano is a better talent evaluator. The gap isn't large enough to justify Cristobal making more than twice as much as Schiano.

Eh, 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. Cristobal may be better in landing the big fish but I think Schiano is a better talent evaluator. The gap isn't large enough to justify Cristobal making more than twice as much as Schiano.
Eh, money wasn’t part of it. I don’t think Mario is worth more than, even double a number of guys out there starting with Claussen or however it is spelled at wake. Mario > Schiano because of recruiting.

Advertisement
Based on what exactly?

Sorry I brought it up. Just find it ironic that we ended up with a similar style guy that we thought was outdated 20 years ago.
His approach to offense needs modernization. I think most here thought it was an archaic ground and pound concern but were happy to have what was perceived to be stability, competency and flowing funds.

Advertisement
His approach to offense needs modernization. I think most here thought it was an archaic ground and pound concern but were happy to have what was perceived to be stability, competency and flowing funds.
I guess. I'm the opposite of most of what I want out of Miami coaches. I prefer this to be a stepping stone job. Keeps things fresh IMO. I'm the contrarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back