Coaches comparable to Manny

Tony Perps

Senior
Purgatory
I’m thinking of guys who were promoted from losing regimes. The first season tells you a lot, actually.

Corch O - 9-4
Jimbo - 10-4, Atlantic Champs
Dabo - 9-4, Atlantic Champs

Compare to:

Shannon - 5-7
Clay Helton - 10-3
Matt Luke 6-6

Manny gets no benefit of the doubt. Part of the reason he was hired was because there’d be less of an adjustment period and the thought was that we could go back to 2017 pretty quickly.

We already know a lot, and we will know everything we need to know by the end of the season.

Advertisement
I’m thinking of guys who were promoted from losing regimes. The first season tells you a lot, actually.

Corch O - 9-4

Compare to:

Shannon - 5-7
Clay Helton - 10-3
Matt Luke 6-6

Manny gets no benefit of the doubt. Part of the reason he was hired was because there’d be less of an adjustment period and the thought was that we could go back to 2017 pretty quickly.

We already know a lot, and we will know everything we need to know by the end of the season.
Dabo was 6-7 his 2nd year, but I completely agree with what you are getting. I am frustrated like everyone else, but I'm going to wait until the end of the season before I say fire Diaz or keep Diaz. I expected a drop in defensive play, but there isn't a single junior that should enter the draft next year.

Manny was hired bc he had a great D two years in a row .... and not many other coaches wanted the job
- NO ONE in the national media predicted a quick turnaround ... no one

It's one thing to get beaten by a better team. I can accept that. An occasional flub against an inferior team can also happen. However, we're 0-2 against inferior opponents.

OK, have to get back to game planning.

Advertisement
Lol;

0-2 to start the season. Hasn’t been done since we were known as the U. Gotta go back 40 yrs, when we giving away tickets at Burger King.

Listen; I’m not on the fire Diaz tip; but what u saw from a team that was coming off a bye, with this much talent, playing against another team that was 2-9 last yr w a true freshman as a QB, and another QB converted to LB has to give pause.

Let’s see how the season plays out, but this is not a 7 win roster. I don’t care if we mud stomp these next lowly opponents; I want to see if the culture has truly changed and we go out and beat P5 teams!

Advertisement
Lol;

0-2 to start the season. Hasn’t been done since we were known as the U. Gotta go back 40 yrs, when we giving away tickets at Burger King.

Listen; I’m not on the fire Diaz tip; but what u saw from a team that was coming off a bye, with this much talent, playing against another team that was 2-9 last yr w a true freshman as a QB, and another QB converted to LB has to give pause.

Let’s see how the season plays out, but this is not a 7 win roster. I don’t care if we mud stomp these next lowly opponents; I want to see if the culture has truly changed and we go out and beat P5 teams!
I'm with you, October is going to tell us a lot. These next two weeks are "tune-up" games.

Corch O - 9-4

Compare to:

Shannon - 5-7
Clay Helton - 10-3
Matt Luke 6-6

However don't forget Dabo had a losing record his second season and the fans wanted to run him out. Saban was like .500 his first two seasons at Michigan State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back