Coaches as recruiters

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Everyone has been all over how good of a recruiter Todd Harley was, but look at his list before he coached at Miami and it was hot garbage.

The new WR coach Taylor Stubblefield doesn’t have a great record as a recruiter, but he has t been at a school that was desirable for a WR.

I think that if he developes the talent here and we see a big jump in production to match the talent of the group we will be able to land some studs in 2020. Still hoping we can land Pickens as well.

Advertisement
Miami began its dynasty in the 80s by 3 kids deciding to stay home and winning there. They started winning and then everyone wanted to come

Advertisement
And we have been losing and being mediocre while still doing pretty good at recruiting. So No..... you win u get better recruits. There should be no reason we are getting blown by Wisconsin with the talent we have.

can we stop on the Wisconsin game ---- I though that Duke loss was far uglier

Being a recruiter is overrated af. Kids want to win and don't want to be lied to.

Screenshot_2018-12-27-20-57-23-1.png

Advertisement
Everyone has been all over how good of a recruiter Todd Harley was, but look at his list before he coached at Miami and it was hot garbage.

The new WR coach Taylor Stubblefield doesn’t have a great record as a recruiter, but he has t been at a school that was desirable for a WR.

I think that if he developes the talent here and we see a big jump in production to match the talent of the group we will be able to land some studs in 2020. Still hoping we can land Pickens as well.
Todd Hartley

This is as REAL as a post you will get.

You don't need to be an ELITE recruiter when your going with the BAGMAN strategy.

occupation-02-006-512.png

But what is his list like relative to the school he was at? Nobody is expecting even elite recruiters to have an elite list if they are at a garbage school.

What we do expect is either:

1. your list is good relative to your garbage school. So if all your school can get are F recruits, you brought in D recruits.

and/or

2. You have a reputation on the trail as somebody that would do a lot better if hired at a better school. I brought up the Tee Martin example when he was at New Mexico (one of Stubblefield's stops). Martin didn't bring in elite recruits at New Mexico, but built an elite recruiting reputation as somebody that could recruit.

Neither one of these things apply to Stubblefield. And he's been doing it a lot longer than Hartley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But being a recruiter, if you can show that you have produced players that have been drafted into the NFL, then you can bring those players in too. There are coaches that put players in the NFL that cant recruit but can show they can get them to the next level. Kool showed it from his days in Missouri. CMR showed that he put QBs in the NFL, etc. etc. there are many ways to recruit players, but yes, winning means soooo much.

Can't win a Thoroughbred horse race, riding a donkey. But, you gotta teach the dang horse how to race. Crootin is all of it. Winning is paramount, but tbh, teens are all "amazed" by different things that schools offer. At the end of the day, winners draw winners. Same as in real life.

One thing we need to put some money into is the support staff. The schools in the SEC have 20 to 30 people helping to contact recruits andsend out mail.

Just because texts are going out to kids it doesn’t always mean it’s the coach handling his own phone.

We need to offer the right players and keep up contact.

Advertisement
Back