Coach Speak: Thomas Brown runs through where the offense stands after practice No. 4

View as article
Read it again.

My post was about the depth - not the top 3 - as I had mentioned in my post.

The Irvin years or the years during Schnellenberger or prior to him don't have the depth we currently have.

Advertisement
Grey's gotta be our best athlete FB, outside of Davenport we've ever had.... hope Mark can work some things in for him... would be insane to have legit threats at every O outlet... RB, WR, TE and FB.. oh and our QB can scramble a bit...

Grey's gotta be our best athlete FB, outside of Davenport we've ever had.... hope Mark can work some things in for him... would be insane to have legit threats at every O outlet... RB, WR, TE and FB.. oh and our QB can scramble a bit...

This Gray does have some wheels on him and he is a natural RB.

With all of the pre-season chatter, it's starting to seem like this team is reaching the tipping point where the vets are going to start being the coaches and demand the best from the young guys. We're not there yet but we're close.

I think this season will have a special moment that solidifies the team and really gets us rolling. Big come from behind victory, huge defensive stop, etc, against a quality opponent.

This team learned how to win last year. If they can finally put together a consistent product (and beat the snot out of inferior teams), I think we're in for many years of dominance.

This season will be an excellent setup for the Canes to CRUSH Florida to open 2019.

Advertisement
I really hope he can play like Trey Burton for the bears, similar builds, but choc is physically superior.

Blasphemy !! No F'ing gator comps! I would like to see the staff utilize Chocolate's many talents. Split screens and check downs to the flat come to mind, maybe even a sneaky H-back jet sweep. That being said, nothing would make me happier than Chocolate destroying a LB on blitz pick up.

Go Canes!

Blasphemy !! No F'ing gator comps! I would like to see the staff utilize Chocolate's many talents. Split screens and check downs to the flat come to mind, maybe even a sneaky H-back jet sweep. That being said, nothing would make me happier than Chocolate destroying a LB on blitz pick up.

Go Canes!

Jah feel jah feel

It really, really means something that Coach Thomas said he's the only "viable" option. Bump talking about Realus for half a season, time to give Choc some talk.

We have all seen how Shaq fills the hole and takes on the lead blocker (sometimes to a fault as he takes himself out of the play). No doubt in my mind it was a Shaq Attack

That's a freight-train-serious attack you're talking about.

I'd imagine it was Shaq as well.

Shaq helping Realus.

Real-world educatin'.

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams Wanted to thank you for typing out the interview, I realize its a good amount of work! Some of us cannot listen to the interviews or podcast at work, having it written down for us its a huge help. Thanks!

Good point, not only that, though, Stef does far more than just give us transcripts on interviews. The way he weaves the quotes together with his narrative and background on what the quotes really mean is what differentiates him and this site. Degnan can give us quotes, but the only angle she sees to any of this is to tell our future opponents which body part they should be going after. Stef gets it.

Cue the sensitivity lecture.

I really hope he can play like Trey Burton for the bears, similar builds, but choc is physically superior.

You must be a **** in hiding.

Trey Burton sucks dix, four at a time, with 2 in each hand.

Dafuq you’re going to use some ball tickling **** as a comparative. You literally have close to 50 other NFL TE’s to choose from.

Advertisement
I really believe Miami is an offensive lineman or two stepping up from having a machine on this side of the ball

yeah, yeah, I know Malik Rosier is erratic but the overall talent can overcome that in my view
I partially agree with you. I still have t been very impressed with Richt’s strategy as a playcalker, however I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with a better OL in place that will hopefully allow Richt to call his style better.

I just can’t get over throwing fade routes to Mike Harley in the end zone though

I partially agree with you. I still have t been very impressed with Richt’s strategy as a playcalker, however I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with a better OL in place that will hopefully allow Richt to call his style better.

I just can’t get over throwing fade routes to Mike Harley in the end zone though

I've been critical of Richt's approach and play-calling to a certain degree, but again, with a QB like Rosier Im not sure he's not hand-cuffed. Simply put, having a triggerman that can consistently hit routine throws and see the whole field(or more of it) will make a play-caller/system look better. Also, so will an OLine that can consistently get enough push to convert 3rd and short running situations.

But on the flipside, I have wondered if Richt's current approach isn't a bit antiquated/simplistic by today's standards.

Regardless, better QB play will make any play-caller look better.

Advertisement

Quad Hill

Advertisement
Back